• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help [HELP] problem with ship abilities

jaguar

Landlubber
hello mates.well i am playing at GOF and so far i must say i love it.lots of ships so far i have encountered and lots of sea battles.so everything going until i have done the flying dutchman quest.i really wanted that ship for me so after lots of trouble i managed to capture it.and the surprise was not a good one.the ship has only 7K hull?????? :urgh :urgh :urgh .you can imagine my dissapointment after the trouble i went through... i never mind about the less guns although i am player that i love ships with lot of firepower... anyway since i love the duthcman i decided to cheat a bit with a help from a friend.as a result the duthman became a very nice ship with almost 60k hull 13.90 speed and so on.i believe these stats are from the original game? and now the strange things begin.after i attacked a fort i lost at least 10 cannons not to mention i was attacking alone... my companions didnt want to help athough i order them...so after the victory i went to fix the ship.and surprise surprise the duthman can mount 48 lbs of cannons which i love BUT the ship can create cannons from its own when i hit the fix button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is this normal? i must say i took advantage of that and i made at least 30 milion by creating cannons and sell them at any shipyard... i also want to say that it does nt happen with any other ship i had.... but the strange things didnt stop there. my ship abillities no longer gaining any xp.for some reason they have stopped.and i didnt take all of them some important ship skills are not mine.but one of my companions john workman has them all maybe this affected in any way?any help will be very helpful.

also i wanted to ask you some ither things mates.as i mentioned earlier i lov ships with lots of guns but as many other players i want to be fast also.so any suggestions about a powerful and fast ships? without the upgrades.i know the duthman is a great ship but i cheated to make him that way... also from the day 1 i started the game even before i install the GOF the fast travel on the sea battle is not working and i dont know why.so i fight the normal way which is good but the enemy always destroy my sails in no time so i am dead in the water.. any advise here of how can i improve my fighting skills at sea? and i am sorry for the long writing...

i have the same problem with dutchman,, i think the cannon thing is just a bug i hope they gonna fix on gof 1.2.. about fast traveling on sea batles, hmm its not very realitistic that way like on aop 1, so if u want to atack a strong ship u must think twice :p

Back