• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help [HELP] sailcloth & ship class

Gunnar

Sailor Apprentice
Ahoy, need some inforamtion on the following :
1. Is there a way to change sailcloth quantity needed for sail repairs? As it is its pointless to even bother to carry it ...
2. How to change ship class? I want some of them like 32 gun frigate, crimson blood etc to be ranked as 4th class. I know its based on the cannons quantity but in my opinion those ships are too powerful to be ranked as 5th class.

Cheers
Gunnar

You can change the ship calss in Ships_init.c

The file is located in your "../AOP2/program/ships" directory.

Search for your ship name and below you will find a line "refShip.Class"

The value next to that is the current ship class. Change that to change its class.

You can change the ship calss in Ships_init.c

The file is located in your "../AOP2/program/ships" directory.

Search for your ship name and below you will find a line "refShip.Class"

The value next to that is the current ship class. Change that to change its class.

i've tried that, seems thats not enough ...

You also have to move the ship to its new class in ships.H otherwise the game will crash when generating the ship or the game will show an error when trying to generate the ship. Any changes to ships.H will require a new game though otherwise the ships imagies will be all messed up.

Ahoy, need some inforamtion on the following :
1. Is there a way to change sailcloth quantity needed for sail repairs? As it is its pointless to even bother to carry it ...
2. How to change ship class? I want some of them like 32 gun frigate, crimson blood etc to be ranked as 4th class. I know its based on the cannons quantity but in my opinion those ships are too powerful to be ranked as 5th class.

Cheers
Gunnar

Historically, 32 guns were fifth-rates, but the games rating system is a bit off from the historic scale. I agree wholeheartedly with the sailcloth. I also think that you should be able to completely repair your rigging at sea. Most vessels carried extra spars and an extra suit of sails.

Back