• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Search and destroy Pirate ship

Naidoo

Landlubber
Hello,

sorry for my poor english but i have a big problem. Im searching several hours for a pirat ship but i get this "easy" job from my Gouverneur. I see several pirat ships on the map between this 2 weeks catch every ship but the job is not complett. I´ll try it since 3 hours. What is the problem here?
Tanks a lot.

Hello,

sorry for my poor english but i have a big problem. Im searching several hours for a pirat ship but i get this "easy" job from my Gouverneur. I see several pirat ships on the map between this 2 weeks catch every ship but the job is not complett. I´ll try it since 3 hours. What is the problem here?
Tanks a lot.

Don't go after the Pirate ships. Go into 1st person sailing mode and use your "Sail To" tab. A selection of ships in the local area will pop up horizontally across the top of your screen. Use your "sail to" option to go to each one.

*Note: These ships will be the same nationality as you are in most cases, flying the same flag. Don't sail to the little ships in the tab unless you are just starting out. Usually the galleons and frigates end up being the pirate ships.

Once you get to each ship, use your jolly boat tab and go aboard the ships to talk with their captains. When you find the pirate ship you will know because the crew characters will be the rough looking pirate types rather than the usual sailors and officers you will find on other ships. Try to find a good spot to fight before you talk to the captain. When you talk to the captain, he will tell you that you're alone on his ship now and to surrender and he will take you somewhere to be exchanged, or you can refuse and fight. If you fight, you must defeat all the pirates and then open the "sea" tab to return to your ship.

His flag will now change from the Dutch/English/French/Spanish flag to a Pirate flag and you can fight and take or sink the ship. Once complete, return to the governor to report and get your reward.

MK

Back