• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Ship.init.c

allonzo

Landlubber
Hello,

I want to know, once modify this file to increase the speed or tonnage.

should necessarily start a new party or we can continue the party and the changes will be active?

thank you

If you have CMV3.2 or GOF 1.1 installed then yes you can make any changes to the ships stats and it will be savegame compatable, however there is a catch. The changes you make will not show up on your own ship or any of your companions. The changes will only show up on those ships you changed when you encounter them at sea or purchase them in the shipyard. If you do not have either of the above mods installed then no the changes to ship stats is not savegame compatable.

If you have CMV3.2 or GOF 1.1 installed then yes you can make any changes to the ships stats and it will be savegame compatable, however there is a catch. The changes you make will not show up on your own ship or any of your companions. The changes will only show up on those ships you changed when you encounter them at sea or purchase them in the shipyard. If you do not have either of the above mods installed then no the changes to ship stats is not savegame compatable.

Hi Luke159, I changed the stats in ships_init.c, however the changes did not appear in the shipyard buyship menu of an existing game(tried different ports, save and load before talking to the ship seller). The change only took place when I created a new game. Any steps I missed out to make the changes valid on a existing game, or is there any ingame toggle to force a reload of the ships_init.c?

You need to activate the console command to get the game to utilize the reinit function, well i think thats where the reinit button was moved to. In GOF 1.2 it has been given a much better place and easier to use, maybe one of the guy's who used the reinit button or moved it will be able to explain where the reinit button is found for GOF 1.1.

You need to activate the console command to get the game to utilize the reinit function, well i think thats where the reinit button was moved to. In GOF 1.2 it has been given a much better place and easier to use, maybe one of the guy's who used the reinit button or moved it will be able to explain where the reinit button is found for GOF 1.1.

Thx Luke159, I will get GOF1.2.

Back