• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Spanish Inquisition quest glitch!

Bruck

Landlubber
I was ordered by the Inquisitor to extort money from three Jansenists in Curacao. All went well with the two store keepers (got 100k from them) but now I am experiencing game-breaking bug with the third, the banker Joseph Nunes da Fonseca (or to be more precise, with his son). Whenever I tries to board the ship carrying the son near Fort Orange, the duel between captains (between me and him so as to force his surrender) does not take place. The logs only says like this "The pirate lugger carrying the young de Fonseca has, well, sunk. A bit of a pity, as now I have no leverage on the blasted moneylender". This is the only occurrence in the game so far that I come straight from boarding fight to trade screen (bypassing captain). And this is also extremely annoying since it critically destroys my Spanish quest-line. Can anyone offer their insight into this oddness? Thank you very much.

By the way, I am playing with GoF 1.1. A fantastic mod!

Hi
Have you tried out different flags? I don't remember exactely but could be a wrong flag problem.

Hi
Have you tried out different flags? I don't remember exactely but could be a wrong flag problem.
It's not flag problem as I proudly hoist my Spanish flag all the time. But surprisingly the Inquisitor was a softie and he even accepted my 'partially successful' extortion, so now I can continue serving His Imperial Nincompoopery Carlos II. What a damn relief as this game is frightfully addictive and I really loathe having to play any non-Spanish factions. Thanks for your reply anyway.

Back