• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Starting as Pirates

Dogrobber

Landlubber
Some help please...

I have just started playing this game and fancied starting as a pirate, however, I find myself in a bit of a pickle.

I am unable to enter any other town as a pirate and as i'm level one I am unable to change my flag to the nation of the town. When I try to enter via the back door i am either killed or jailed. If jailed i then try to leave and get killed for doing this.

Am I missing something here thats very obvious? The one "quest" thats starts in the pirate town needs me to enter Port Royle, however, due to above i'm not able to do this.

Some help or tips on how to play the pirate side of things would be much appreciated.

Some help please...

I have just started playing this game and fancied starting as a pirate, however, I find myself in a bit of a pickle.

I am unable to enter any other town as a pirate and as i'm level one I am unable to change my flag to the nation of the town. When I try to enter via the back door i am either killed or jailed. If jailed i then try to leave and get killed for doing this.

Am I missing something here thats very obvious? The one "quest" thats starts in the pirate town needs me to enter Port Royle, however, due to above i'm not able to do this.

Some help or tips on how to play the pirate side of things would be much appreciated.

You have to go and talk to a Diplomat ( they are in the taverns of the Pirate towns ) they will sell you Letters of Marque & trading licenses for the varoius nations to enable you to get into towns. They can also improve your reputation with a nation.

All this costs money - so you have to try and get some.

:cheers

As a pirate you have to sneak into towns by mooring not in port but by a shore, then sneak your way into town.

Yes, me too faced this problem starting as a pirate.
In fact, this choice is poorly practical. Do you have to love the difficulties ends in themselves.
Finally, as soon as you buy a letter of Marque.
You have to go and talk to a Diplomat ( they are in the taverns of the Pirate towns ) they will sell you Letters of Marque & trading licenses for the varoius nations to enable you to get into towns. They can also improve your reputation with a nation...
But, then, might as well get started beginning with a character with the flag of the nation... :shrug

Back