• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

"Help the church" sidequest, I am stuck/problem

Odieman

Powder Monkey
Hi first of all I got to say that I am really enjoying this mod, great job guys. But to the matter at hand. I am playing Jack Sparrow, as I understand this is the only finished questline? Anyway I have finished the main quest line (I think, is it done when you have the black pearl?), but the quest I am having trouble with is the quest called help the church. Its the quest you get from the governor on Grand turk, the one where you are pursuing a corvette (might be frigate). Anyway to get help from this priestguy you got to do something for him. ANd I am at the point where I have just spoken to the tavernkeeper in Bridgetown (Greenford), and am supposed to speak to the priests. So what am I supposed to do the priests in bridgetown have nothing to say to me so I have no idea what I am supposed to do.

I think it goes:-

Arrive in Bridgetown - talk to tavernkeeper - on leaving tavern Ammand the Corsair walks up and talks to you, gives you red robes to wear - you then go to church and talk to the Bridgetown Priests.

That is exactly how is goes Talisman ;)

You HAVE to talk to the tavern keeper first then after that walk out of the tavern and Ammand will walk up to and transport you to just infront of the church, walk in the church and talk to the priests ;)

Yep once you get the Black Pearl back and escape the fort that is the end of the offical storyline

PS. Governer of Grand Turk is Sao Feng xD: and will be change with Nathan Kell eventually and Sao Feng will be moved

Oh... Jack Sparrow is not the only finished quest; Bartolomeu o Portugues is finished too.
The standard storyline is also finished, but bugged at the moment, which we've yet got to fix.
I've got a workaround for continuing if you get stuck though.
Assassin and Hornblower do offer a lot of quest material, but are still a work-in-progress.
But then so is Jack Sparrow. ;)

Yep by Jack Sparrow is finished we mean to the end of CotBP ;)

I still have one sidequest that I will do soon and a number of other possible sidequests in the mind ;)

Also we will be moving on Dead Man's Chest and At World's End at some point in the future

Ok thanks guys, however I now have two problems.

1. The help the church quest is stuck because There never was a guy who talked to me after the tavern guy in help the church, so if anyone has a bypass or whatever that would be great.

2. SPOILER alert!

After getting the choice to raise the black pearl or not from davy Jones, I chose not to, (I chose yes the first time, loaded a save to check out what happens If I didnt). Anyway I have absolutely no Idea where to go next, help ?

1. The help the church quest is stuck because There never was a guy who talked to me after the tavern guy in help the church, so if anyone has a bypass or whatever that would be great.

2. SPOILER alert!

After getting the choice to raise the black pearl or not from davy Jones, I chose not to, (I chose yes the first time, loaded a save to check out what happens If I didnt). Anyway I have absolutely no Idea where to go next, help ?
1. I know it worked for me and Pieter in testing, and now it has been released Talisman has also got past it so I am not to sure, it is in the Jack Sparrow quest?

If it is standard you just go and talk to the priests straight away ;)

2. You do nothing, there is now no quest ;)

If you read your questbook it says "I am now on my own" some sidequests may be available but that is it. You can continue to do merchant runs and cargo. Also search for treasure and pirate hunting over than that it is a free ride ;)

1. I know it worked for me and Pieter in testing, and now it has been released Talisman has also got past it so I am not to sure, it is in the Jack Sparrow quest?

If it is standard you just go and talk to the priests straight away ;)

If you leave the tavern too quickly (i.e.run). Ammand will not catch up with you and talk. :no

When you leave Bridgetown tavern Ammand should be standing opposite by the stall-sellers, he is the captain/officer looking bloke. Wait for him to come across and talk to you, or walk towards him.

You can tell this part of the quest is being done successfully by the fact that the title in the Quest Book should change from Help the Church to Ammand the Corsair.

I see, ok thanks all, that clear things up a bit.

However I do have a follow up question.

SPoiler!

In the jack sparrow questline you get the choice to either go for the cortez treasure, or go straight to turk island, and then to the lighthouse on barbados.

Now I have tried both, and I have tried both gettiong the black pearl and not getting it. However there is a hole in both of them. Because the pirates dont ever say where their next hideout is gonna be, altough they are all (or atleast almost) located in Grand turk.

1.So is there a new hideout or is that just in the story to make it better?

2. And that small island in the middle of the map which you cant see, but which you can locate is there a possibility to go ashore there?

Thanks again folks

I see, ok thanks all, that clear things up a bit.

However I do have a follow up question.

SPoiler!

In the jack sparrow questline you get the choice to either go for the cortez treasure, or go straight to turk island, and then to the lighthouse on barbados.

Now I have tried both, and I have tried both gettiong the black pearl and not getting it. However there is a hole in both of them. Because the pirates dont ever say where their next hideout is gonna be, altough they are all (or atleast almost) located in Grand turk.

1.So is there a new hideout or is that just in the story to make it better?

2. And that small island in the middle of the map which you cant see, but which you can locate is there a possibility to go ashore there?

Thanks again folks
1. The hideout *cough* will actually be Grand Turk (it is however nothing at the moment)

2. It is used in the Villaneuva sidequest and we are going to use it for other parts of storyline as well ;)

EDIT: Ammand does turn up but you can indeed run away from him :modding, will change his location ;)

Back