• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Vanilla Interface

Theryon

Landlubber
How do i switch to vanilla battle interface without reinstaling the game and copying the files from a brand new instal of CoAS. I dont like the new interface, I changed the ones with flags in favor of bars but I still do not like it. I really like the vanilla ones because the ones with the shields annoys me like hell and I cant ignore them. Thank you!

How do i switch to vanilla battle interface without reinstaling the game and copying the files from a brand new instal of CoAS. I dont like the new interface, I changed the ones with flags in favor of bars but I still do not like it. I really like the vanilla ones because the ones with the shields annoys me like hell and I cant ignore them. Thank you!

I like the new interface much better with regards to the darker backgrounds and borders, but I am with you as far as the shields icons go. In my latest experimental mod version (Period mod) I have switched only that part of the interface from the shields back to the round circular icons.

The easiest thing to do is save a copy of what you have in case it gets screwed up. Then go to your vanilla folders and copy and paste RESOURCE/Textures/INTERFACES to your desktop. Just copy the whole INTERFACES folder. Then snag that folder and plop it in your GOF RESOURCE/Textures folder. When it asks if you want to replace existing files, click "move and replace". Click the box at the bottom that says "do this for the nex XXX conflicts". This will leave everything extra from the mod in place and just replace those interface textures that are different between GOF and vanilla, back to vanilla. If it doesn't work right get back to me.

MK

I have switched only that part of the interface from the shields back to the round circular icons.

How do I change only that since I dont have a fresh copy of CoAS since I only have 10gb left on my HDD. Thanks for the reply!

I have switched only that part of the interface from the shields back to the round circular icons.

How do I change only that since I dont have a fresh copy of CoAS since I only have 10gb left on my HDD. Thanks for the reply!

You can only change it back if you have the original files. Once you substitute them they go into the ether.

I actually have played with this a bunch. I played a bunch with the locator and dimension numbers and I have a version that shrinks the icons to be teeny tiny, because I really don't like how big the interface icons are sometimes. For those that play on a lower resolution, the icons are HUGE. :shock I thought folks might like a mod that made them smaller.

You know I think a helpful mod might be just a simple vanilla conversion. I will put some time aside to compile only the textures needed to change them back to original as a mini-mod. I will post it as "original interface: round vanilla icons mod". Give me a few days.

MK

Back