• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hi, one bug report

Justin

Landlubber
Hello everybody, this mod has really enhanced POTC for me and made it more fun. The only problem I have encountered is that some enemies are invincible. For instance, I boarded a ship and my crew and I went to attack. We killed easily some of the other crew but the rest would gain hitpoints and seemed unkillable, either that or they have a bunch of health potions. I kept hacking at them and trying to lessen their hitpoints but they kept gaining them back. Other than that the game has remained stable.

The behaviour you describe isn't a bug but rather unbalanced feature - enemies which were left and gained health so quicky had a 'Toughness' ability. We need to reprogram it, because now it's unbalanced and it's more cheat than part of the gameplay.

pirate_kk

Very true. With the toughness ability enemies gain hitpoints just as quickly as you take them away. It is possible to kill these enemies, but it takes a long time. It helps to get the Critical Hit ability, but it's still unbalanced and must be toned down once more.

it's pretty much right for the player, but it's too strong for the enemies. you can still get killed yourself, at least in the forts, but you sometimes can't kill an enemy who has toughness as well.

The other thing I noticed was that on boardings a few of my crew and one of the "semi-unbeatable sailors" are spawned mostly under the deck of the ship. This makes killing the last guy impossible.

Back