• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hi there

Varios

Landlubber
Hi everybody, crew, staff n users.

I m new in there, and worst of all French :/ Hail D'Oregon....
Anyway, i m not used to read so much in english so I just can t read all the written topics, that s why I m postin here :
I ve got a few questions and I d be very gratefull if someone could answer me ;
I ve baught COAS 2 or 3 weeks ago, n I m looking for some patch or mods.
Are there official ones ? I ve been searchin the net, but just can t find any official link...

If there are no official mods or patch, could anyone tell me where can I find some ?
I ve read threads in your forums about modifying some folders (I already did the qty of available heros things and added one or two i could find in your topics). So if anyone has an hint, or a good mod to DL...he d be welcome :D

Hi there bud.

There is no offical patch apart from for the Russian version i believe the English version was already patched upon release.

We will one day (when time permits) release a unoffical patch to fix problems in the stock game.

There are many good mods availabe, it depends on how much you want, you can search here for mini mods or if you want a heavily modified game then you can look here at the combined mod we've been working on. :onya

Okay thanks a lot mate :)

I ll check out these mods asap .

Oh btw dunno if it ll be usefull but here re the line of the modified HeroDescribe.txt i made. (searched for days to get the corresponding models an portraits). Feel free to use em.

Here s the isabella from within the game though i ve got little bugs while in fight (strange positions of legs for example while she s parrying)

heroName_20 {Liza}
heroLastname_20 {Caliente}
heroNameGen_20 {Liza}
heroLastnameGen_20 {Caliente}
heroNameDat_20 {Liza}
heroLastNameDat_20 {Caliente}
heroFace_20 {208}
heroModel_20 {liza}
heroType_20 {merchant}
heroNation_20 {Spain}
sex_20 {woman}
animation_20 {woman}
hero_20 {It's soooo damn hot in there...ain't it ?}

Another woman but with 0 bug.

heroName_21 {Danielle}
heroLastname_21 {Blaze}
heroNameGen_21 {Danielle}
heroLastnameGen_21 {Blaze}
heroNameDat_21 {Danielle}
heroLastNameDat_21 {Blaze}
heroFace_21 {235}
heroModel_21 {Danielle}
heroType_21 {corsair}
heroNation_21 {Spain}
sex_21 {woman}
animation_21 {woman}
hero_21 {I am woman, hear me roar!}

To add em to your playable characters, just open the herodescribe.txt,
change
hero_qty {3}
ps_hero_qty {18}
with
hero_qty {21}
ps_hero_qty {21}
and copy/paste the lines of the characters.

Doesn't need any other mods or patch to work. Though I did not test those till the end of game so i can't tell if these models are bugged.

I m tryin to DL the CMv3 mod but it does not seem to work :/
Any hint ?

Yep, the English version already includes all the Russian Updates, so its the latest version

Varios, you should try CM 3.1.5, it makes the game 100 times better!

Actually installing the Mod OfficerPuppy sent me (CMv3)
Hope it ll work. Anyway thanks to the devs. Tis nice :D

Well : just one word : the mods greaaaat :D
I ve lot of fun playin it. Though there are little bugs (missing portrait or texture instead of portraits)

YO !!! OH !!

Good to hear your having fun. :dance

The Imagies for ships have been fixed, however the smaller imagies are still not fixed. The cannon bug has now been fixed so no more ships duplicating cannons when trying to mount or unmount them. :will

Luke ... can't wait ... lol

Will 3.2 be a vast improvement over the past version or will it just be bugfixes?

Well i thinl everyones been focusing mostly on bug fixes but there will be some new and/or improved features, but i believe its going to be mostly bug fixes.

Well i ve an issue too with the left band (where ships and officers are usually)
Some portrait of characters (beltrop for example) and ships son't appear on this red band as they should normally do.

Is it only on my CPU or a known issue ?

No its a common problem that we have fixed apart from the thumbnails (small imagies) the large imagies you see at the shipyard when buying a ship have been fixed. We are still trying to figure out why the small imagies are not working.

Couldn' t it be a problem of "weight" ? I mean too detailed pic for the portraits ?
Or maybe unadapted files in 56, 128 n 256 ?

Whats strange is that for Beltrop for example, if I make him a captain of another ship, his portrait appears properly in the up left corner of the ship pic when under the exchange screen.
So I d think that some pictures just need to be resized, or somethin like that.

I tried smaller imagies and that didn't work either but more testing can be done there has to be a reason for them not working.

Back