• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fix in Progress Hoist the Colours: EITC Passport still in inventory

Lazy

Landlubber
After raising the Black Pearl from the depths and making the deal with Davy Jones, I still have the EITC Passport in my inventory... and it prevents me from completing a cargo quest for Saint John's because the dialogue option to complete the quest isn't there. Is the passport supposed to disappear at some point in the storyline?

How does it prevent you from completing that quest?
I don't remember it being supposed to do that...

Sorry for the very late reply.

It prevents me from finishing the quest because the store in Antigua has different dialogue. It's a store that only serves privateers if i recall correctly.

Normally you would be able to do other things to convince the merchant. But in Hoist the Colours, the dialogue is different and did not include the option to complete the cargo quest, only whether if you want to buy/restock on supplies or not.

I already moved to playing CoAS but I figured other people might run into this

Ah; I see the problem.
In PROGRAM\DIALOGS\Antigua_victualler.c, the "EITC_Passport" indeed takes precedence over the cargo code.
I believe attached file should solve the problem.

Thanks for reporting, @Lazy! :cheers

@Grey Roger, could you add this to the next update?
I also corrected a small link number in there; just in case.

Attachments

• Antigua_victualler.c
    14.1 KB · Views: 148
Another problem is that the storyline's version of the dialog file for Antoine Lebretton, tavern keeper of St. Pierre, has no code for sidequests, which breaks the quests for Patric Cardone, Thierry Bosquet and sometimes Baldewyn Coffier. The story does have its own versions of some quests but I don't think it has versions of these. So this version of "PROGRAM\Storyline\JackSparrow\dialogs\Antoine Lebretton_dialog.c" has the sidequest code copied from the standard version. (The text file already contains all the required lines.)

Attachments

• Antoine Lebretton_dialog.c
    19.6 KB · Views: 142
Back