• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How do I remove my brand as a pirate?

Fluen

Freebooter
Sure, I flew the pirate flag for a while and conquered colonies while flying it. But I haven't been a pirate for a while. At this point I'm actually enemies with the pirates, because I also took their colonies.

So I want to know, how little I have to do to remove my pirate brand. I guess, I'll have to make friends with every nation in the archipelago. I can do that, as I have millions of gold pieces stashed away with every loan shark in the Caribbean. Must I also set my crew back on regular salary? And (shivers) get a certificate from one of the trading companies?

You can't remove your pirate brand. Making friends with a nation, or even buying a LoM, should allow you to sail safely in and out of the nation's port without the fort attacking you. But the code to set your served nation when you buy a LoM specifically checks if you're a pirate and if so, makes sure you remain a pirate, which means patrols and civilians may still recognise you.

I already have. But first I have half a billion of gold pieces to spend, before I start a new game. :ship

Back