• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help How exactly do I change the music scheme?

Fluen

Freebooter
In options - sounds I have the choice between three music schemes: standard, stock PoTC and Hearts of Oak. I've changed from standard to stock PoTC, but I've only noticed one change: the music in the load screen upon starting the game changes to the one from the stock game. I can still hear music added to the different locations by the mod builds.
Is there something else I should do?

You may need to start a new game. I've known a savegame to store music assignments - on one occasion I was checking a problem someone had reported, used his savegame, and was surprised to hear Pachebel's Canon playing during normal sailing - he was using a custom music scheme which assigned that piece to sailing, and the reason I recognised it is that I added it to the mod for one reason only, which is Ardent's wedding scene. So I didn't even have that music scheme on my PC, yet it had its effect.

Or you might just need to move around. I tried setting the music to "Stock PoTC", then loaded a savegame. The music when I loaded was the mod version, but when I went to the shipyard, it had the stock music. Try moving to a different type of location - going from one town area to another certainly won't work, going from town to the store or shipyard might.

Back