• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How to bugfix BUILD 11 without internet connection ?

itarrow

Landlubber
Hi all,
I don`t have internet connection at home, so I use to donwload stuff at work and then "move" it phisically on the home pc.

I saw that there are some bugfixes available for BUILD 11 and I want to use it (since I`m experiencing some CTDs).

After checking on the download section, I found that I can only download the installer, but I have to have a net connection to update my POTC.

Is there any way to update POTC without being connected (ie donwload an update and then upgrade it afterwards) ?

Just start an already downloaded installation package, select the update component only and use an empty directory as target directory. As a result a couple of subdirectories should be created in the target directory. Copy the file 'updatesb11update.zip' on a floppy and extract this archive into the PotC directory on your second computer. (It's necessary to unpack the directory structure, too. So please check if your unpack program needs a special option for this.)

HTH

Scheffnow

Sorry to sound as a pain in the "back", but it doesn`t work...

Tried it from the "internet connected" PC, but as soon as it tries to downolad the b11update.zip an error message saying "error while downloading b11update.zip" appears.

Can I just install a fresh complete Build 11 over the previous one (so I don`t have to uninstall/reinstall everything) ?

Back