• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How to bypass DRM check to launch game?

Horthal

Landlubber
Oh boy, I forgot I had an account here.

Anyway, hi! I installed PotC today again hoping it would work. It doesn't. Back in the day I did have a fix for this, I even posted that here. But unfortunately this fix doesn't work in Windows 11 (At least for me) due the update that needs to be deleted, not being in Windows 11. I did some looking and found that most likely the reason PotC can't start, is because the DRM is old and not supported in new versions of Windows. I reckon, if I can stop the DRM checking so the game can just run. Preferably without me having to alter the original discs. I know there is the New Horizon mod, which adds stuff and makes it work. But I much prefer to just have the vanilla experience.
I would try to run it in a Virtual Machine, but my PC doesn't have the resources for that to support a VM and a game running in that VM, and the main OS on top. So if anyone has some advice on how to bypass the DRM check, let me know. Or if additional details are needed.
As a quick, ironic, disclaimer; I do not condone pirating or bypassing DRM's. The only reason I want to bypass it here, is because there's no other way to run it.

I started with potc I used Windows XP .. now despite my pc is a bit dated I have 32 bit Win7 on Win7 and I played both original Coas and the GoF 2.0 mod and I played very well without too many problems .. I recently started again Potc and I started with NH and for now nothing problems obviously always on Win 7 .. anyway you should use a virtual machine .. hello and good life

Download the New Horizons mod and copy the "engine.exe" and "Modules" folder over to your PotC installation. They should be compatible and don't contain any DRM.

Back