• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved How to change graphics settings?

Flinksword

Landlubber
Hello everyone!
It's been a while since I've played this game or the mod for that matter, and now I saw that Beta 2.5 came out on ModDB, so I decided to reinstall the whole thing.

As much as I'm happy that it all seems to work, I've got a problem - I chose to use the improved graphics ENB when I installed the mod, but something doesn't seem to be quite right. The game overall doesn't look good (as in, not as good as it does in all the pictures) and the whole format seems to be off in a way that it's stretched to the sides, all the characters are a little broad and small for example.
Problem is, I have no idea nor can I remember how I can change any kind of graphics settings in this game or the mod, in the game's menus the "video settings" that just have you change stuff like brightness is all I could find, nothing that allows to alter the resolution for example.
Probably I am just missing something here or I simply forgot since it's been so long since I last played it.
Hope someone can tell me what to do. ;-)

Thanks in advance,
Flinksword

We removed Config.exe on purpose, because it causes more troubles than it solves.
Open engine.ini with Notepad and make the changes directly in there; that works much better.
Especially since it allows you to use more resolutions than Config.exe did, such as the 1600x900 I've been using. :onya

Set screen_x and screen_y to your desktop resolution. Recommend setting fullscreen to 0.
This makes the game run in windowed mode and allows you to Alt+Tab in and out.

I hope that helps.

Ah, so I just missed that config.exe was removed, I've been absent from this mod for far too long it seems. :D
Yery good, that's exactly the held I needed, being able to tab in and out of the game is also very important to me, so that's good to know. ;-)

Thanks for the very fast and friendly support, that's a rare thing, I appreciate it!

Back