• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help How to disable morale?

I guess its posible but until someone that knows how to "switch it off" comes by, I'll tell you about minimizing effects

You can edit the file: InternalSettings.h, you can find it in the game folder location, inside the PROGRAM folder, before editing anything make sure you make a copy of InternalSettings.h and save it elsewhere

recommend using: Notepad++
Downloads | Notepad++

Once the file is open in Notepad++, press control + F (search function) and write morale, there is quite a few entries, you can touch pretty much anything, but If you want something simple, you can just do this:

change this pink numbers:

#define RUM2_SCALE 1.2 // FLOAT - ratio nominal morale is scaled by when rum rations are normal
#define RUM_SCALE 1.45 // FLOAT - ditto but for double rations
#define RUM0_SCALE 0.9 // FLOAT - ditto but for if out of rum
#define RUMDEC 15 // INT - amount morale decreases on a "bad" day when on double rum rations (drunken brawl)
#define RUM_BASECH 10 // INT - base chance for a decrease when on double rations (it's a 1-in-[this+modifiers] chance)

in to this blue ones:

#define RUM2_SCALE 20 // FLOAT - ratio nominal morale is scaled by when rum rations are normal
#define RUM_SCALE 20 // FLOAT - ditto but for double rations
#define RUM0_SCALE 20 // FLOAT - ditto but for if out of rum
#define RUMDEC 0 // INT - amount morale decreases on a "bad" day when on double rum rations (drunken brawl)
#define RUM_BASECH 0 // INT - base chance for a decrease when on double rations (it's a 1-in-[this+modifiers] chance)

This basically is going to make your moral go up alone without you needing to do anything, even in case that something hapens that makes the morale go down this just makes it go up x20 times faster

I'm not sure if all this code works for all ships (AI) in that scenario take note that all the ships you encounter probably have max morale due to these changes, and you may have issues with enemies not surrendering

Anyway the sistem is pretty straighforward and you could also learn how it works in game, you shouldnt have problems as long as you dont go out of food & rum, and skip salaries etc, you can also get some skills (one that gives you +20% morale, and maybe the one to consume less food), and get a First Mate if your leadership stat is low

Last edited:
I guess its posible but until someone that knows how to "switch it off" comes by, I'll tell you about minimizing effects

You can edit the file: InternalSettings.h, you can find it in the game folder location, inside the PROGRAM folder, before editing anything make sure you make a copy of InternalSettings.h and save it elsewhere

recommend using: Notepad++
Downloads | Notepad++

Once the file is open in Notepad++, press control + F (search function) and write morale, there is quite a few entries, you can touch pretty much anything, but If you want something simple, you can just do this:

change this pink numbers:

#define RUM2_SCALE 1.2 // FLOAT - ratio nominal morale is scaled by when rum rations are normal
#define RUM_SCALE 1.45 // FLOAT - ditto but for double rations
#define RUM0_SCALE 0.9 // FLOAT - ditto but for if out of rum
#define RUMDEC 15 // INT - amount morale decreases on a "bad" day when on double rum rations (drunken brawl)
#define RUM_BASECH 10 // INT - base chance for a decrease when on double rations (it's a 1-in-[this+modifiers] chance)

in to this blue ones:

#define RUM2_SCALE 20 // FLOAT - ratio nominal morale is scaled by when rum rations are normal
#define RUM_SCALE 20 // FLOAT - ditto but for double rations
#define RUM0_SCALE 20 // FLOAT - ditto but for if out of rum
#define RUMDEC 0 // INT - amount morale decreases on a "bad" day when on double rum rations (drunken brawl)
#define RUM_BASECH 0 // INT - base chance for a decrease when on double rations (it's a 1-in-[this+modifiers] chance)

This basically is going to make your moral go up alone without you needing to do anything, even in case that something hapens that makes the morale go down this just makes it go up x20 times faster

I'm not sure if all this code works for all ships (AI) in that scenario take note that all the ships you encounter probably have max morale due to these changes, and you may have issues with enemies not surrendering

Anyway the sistem is pretty straighforward and you could also learn how it works in game, you shouldnt have problems as long as you dont go out of food & rum, and skip salaries etc, you can also get some skills (one that gives you +20% morale, and maybe the one to consume less food), and get a First Mate if your lidership stat is low
Wow I didnt think I would get this thorough of an answer. thank you so much!!

Wow I didnt think I would get this thorough of an answer. thank you so much!!

I forgot something, I think its not needed for the internalsettings file, but just in case, after changuing the values, once in game press F11

Back