• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How to get better ships?

Mat

Landlubber
Hi! I've got navigation skill 100. Sail on class 4 fearless but I want something bigger. Unfortunately I haven't seen any bigger ships from classes 3 , 2 and 1. So what should I do to run into them? Maybe get a bounty on my head and grow it up?Any better Ideas. And if I get one some tips how to get rid of that bounty:).

Btw I saw the full list of ships in game (with installed mod) and I can't find it now. If somebody could paste a link it would be great. One more thing, I finished 3 or 4 quests for France. I want to do some other big quests too but I don't know how to activate it:/. I have only to find someone, stole ship plans, rescue somebody etc. Please give some advice for starting this big quests. Maybe this City of abandoned ships or with uniqe ships (I hunted blue bird only). Thanks.

Try attacking military fleets, you will soon find higher class ships. Or you can use savescum, as the indicater appears to engage a ship on the world map save it and then engage the ship and see what ship(s) are in the fleet, if nothing you like is there load and engage the ship again. Keep repeating till you get a ship you want, works well although is in a sense cheating.

I believe you can only so one questline, so other than doing the random quests your stuck. I could be wrong and you might be able to do other big quests but i'm sure you can't do more than 1 questline.

Never seen the list of ships, perhaps a list of new ships but not all the ships. But here is a list of the ships ingame in there class groups. However if you go into Program\Ships == ships.H you will see all the ships and the groups they are in.

If you go to Bermuda island and speak with the governer you will be given a quest to pick someone up and take them to Port Royal for Morgan (this starts the pirate questline, so only do it once you have completed a nations questline). In the end you will be given a mission by Morgan to kill Edward Low, you will now be able to capture another question ship.

Get your reputation down to the lowest ranking and speak with people in the tavern, at some point you will be told about the Flying Dutchman and you will be able to start the Flying Dutchman questline (i have never started this quest so i can't help you with it, there is a quide i think though).

If your reputation is low you can also do quests with other captains, trying to loot ships that have crashed. I have only ever done 2 of these and they are timed based and you might need a decent ship for them because sometimes you have a naval battle to contend with.

Thanks. I'm looking for fast ship(at least 14) with good manuverability and lot of cannons. Cargo, hull and crew are not so important, so I think about fast frigate but it's almost impossible to see her.

the dog of war you get after you finish COAS is really fast. mine was 15 and i upgraded to like 16.5 its strong and fast, but not too big :( the solei royal is about 13, (mine was.) but it can be upgraded to 14. hmm..... oh the flying dutchman is also pretty fast and its big. :shoot: i would have to say the best ship is the solei royal. 112 cannons!??! :flashing:

Well with CMV3.1.5 it pay's to have your ship upgraded now. You can make almost any ship 14 knots or more and have decent agility. I suggest saving up (a lot of cash, and i mean a lot) then head upto Bermuda, save the game before speaking with the shipyard owner and upgrade your ship. If you don't like the upgrades made reload the game and find your self a better ship to upgrade.

If your looking for a fast ship though, well there are a few.
Suprise (not many guns but fast when upgraded)
Constitution (fast with 56 guns)
Arabella aka Frigate (fast, agile with 52 guns and a lot of cargo space, you can purchase her from shipyards or capture her at sea)
Flying Dutchman (well you've heard of the quest, good luck)
Black Pearl (fast and agile, 32 guns i think maybe 36.)

And thats all i can think of right now. But when you think of the amount of times i have seen and edited those ships you can see why its easy for me to say a ship that is no longer fast. There are many fast ships but like i said take advantage of the upgrades at Bermuda because it pay's to have them done now.

Now I have class 3 "la licorne" it has got 52 guns, speed 14.98 a pretty good maneuverability. Far way better than constitution. Black pearl is also great, but 32 guns is just too little. Manowar has got great power thanks to his guns but it's good only for destroying forts, but in normal game you don't need it at all. It's too slow, too expensive in hold, other ships can just simply run away. I need to find Frigate and fast frigate, so I'll know what suits best for me.

I usually tend to stick to corvettes. They boast a good balance of speed, maneuverability and firepower. Not to mention, they're not gigantic targets like the heavy galleons, frigates, man-o-wars, etc. It also doesn't take too much nav to be able to sail them around without penalties, so it's a great ship early on in the game as well. At least, that's this pirate's opinion anyway.

Every ship,even bigest can make 20 knots or more! All you need is to change a few things in "Dialogs/ pirates shipyard" file! :keith

Nice, now wait till you upgrade her. You'll be shocked at the improvements. :onya

Wow 10k gun powder. I only tend to carry 4k even on the Soleil Royal with her 112 guns. And i tend to carry more grapeshot than anything because i like to get close and clear some of the crew before boarding. Which means i also carry a lot of knipple shots too so i can demast the ship(s) before switching to grapeshots. xD:

Nice, now wait till you upgrade her. You'll be shocked at the improvements. :onya

Wow 10k gun powder. I only tend to carry 4k even on the Soleil Royal with her 112 guns. And i tend to carry more grapeshot than anything because i like to get close and clear some of the crew before boarding. Which means i also carry a lot of knipple shots too so i can demast the ship(s) before switching to grapeshots. xD:

Haha,she is fully upgraded mate! xD:
I tend to carry even more gun powder because sometimes I attack forts only with my ship.
Aha and you play dirty with these knipple shots xD: ,I realy hate them while they demast my ship!
And I use grapeshots very rarely,because I like to clear the crew only with my sword and gun! :ixi

TUPAC!!!

but i also agree, i also like to board ships, although i so not carry so much knippels and powder, they take up too much of my cargo space, and i have two soleil royals

Nice, the new stats for CMV2.0 will be different. Here is the MOW i have with speed and cargohold upgrades only. :razz

Back