• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help How to Outfit my 4th Rate?

JOVE23

Sailor
Coordinator
I managed to acquire a 60 gun Dutch Man o War from some very nice pirates. I currently have 60 42 lb cannons on board, but she doesn't seem to pack as much of a wallop as my old ship that had 24 lb. culverins. What's a good loadout for a 60 gunner?

42's are much, much more powerful than 24's in the game. Your old crew probably had higher gunnery skill than your present crew. Keep shooting at stuff, and that will eventually change.

Yep 42's are much stronger than 24 pounder Culverines, so as Post Captain said, it was your crew making the big difference. As for best fitment, it depends on what your after, I tend to go with cannons on till my skills are high enough that the longer loading times of Culverines aren't so bad. But 32 pounder Culverines will give you the same damage level as the 42 pounder Cannons but the Culverine can reach further I think. So that would make the 32 Ibs Culverine the better armament but also note the Culverines weaknesses, they tend to be weaker overall and the cargo space they require can be very high, they cost more to buy and they have longer loading times. If your playing with GOF 2 and the latest patch 2.0.8, then Culverines do higher damage than Cannons (complicated to explain and would take a long time to explain the methods used to set the differences of the Culverines and Cannons) In short imagine the Cannon 4Ibs, the Culverine 4Ibs would have almost identical settings as the 12Ibs Cannons making the 8Ibs Culverines have the same value's as the 16Ibs Cannon and so on (its more complicated than that though, but its perhaps the quickest and best way to explain it).

Back