• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved How to swith up the flying dutchman

Westreicher

Landlubber
I would like to know how to change which flying dutchman will appear on the ship of souls quest i would like to return it to the original from COAS flying dutchman not the potc movie one. any wisdom is greatly appriciated.

This is actually really easy. I have gone back and forth in Eras several times to decide which one I wanted. While the movie Dutchman is cool and all, I finally decided on the old COAS one myself. You can see the FD series of vids on my YouTube channel.
The reason I did this was to stay away from most of the Disney related stuff in the Eras mod. Also the original COAS Dutchman actually really does look more like a 17th century Dutch ship cursed to sail forever - more resembling the ship described by mariners that say they actually saw her. (If anyone actually cared I might post some research on actual sightings - to include modern ones) obviously she has never appeared as a monster with teeth in her prow or gatling gun bow chasers. :no

So hopefully you have an original un-modded version of COAS there. Go to the original un-modded version and open RESOURCE/MODELS/Ships/ and find the folder FlyingDutchman1. Copy and paste to your desktop. Create another folder on your desktop (new folder). Then go to RESOURCE/textures/ships and find the folder FlyingDutchman1 and copy it and paste it into the new folder you made.

Then open your modded game and delete the FlyingDutchman1 folder from RESOURCE/MODELS/Ships and then drop the new one you put on your desktop in to replace it. Do the same for RESOURCE/textures/ships and take the one out of the new folder you made and plop it in there. That should be all there is to it.

I can't remember if we changed the ship in the quest to Cursed Dutchman or not. I don't think we did. If so you may have to rename a ship entry in Programs somewhere. I will have a look and see. The fact that I did this a while back, - and now you want to also, makes me think there are others that will want to do this too. I have a little time today, so if you want to wait until this evening I will post a link to a mini mod that will give the appropriate files and instructions to change this.

MK

I would like to capture the original Dutchman as well...

I'd alse like to get the new textures you have in your videos.
I would apreciate it if you could upload them!

T...the original COAS Dutchman actually really does look more like a 17th century Dutch ship cursed to sail forever - more resembling the ship described by mariners that say they actually saw her. (If anyone actually cared I might post some research on actual sightings - to include modern ones) obviously she has never appeared as a monster with teeth in her prow or gatling gun bow chasers. :no
LOL! While I do like the film version quite a bit and even was the one who added most of the 'special effects' to her in the PotC Build Mod, she has ZERO to do with the Flying Dutchman.
More like... the Submerging Scotsman. Or something. Beats me what kind of reasoning they applied to get to that final conclusion. :facepalm
(Sheer lunacy is my best bet. That would go a long way to explain a whole bunch of things in the PotC franchise... :wp )

Back