• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion How to use thief knife and Siheeto dagger

smrtwhkd

Master Mariner
1. What is the use of thief knife? I thought it allows you to get your stolen money back once you caught the thief. But it doesn't seem to be the case. Also, if a thief refuses to return stolen money, what can I do? I can't kill him on the spot, right? cuz that would arouse the entire town to go after you. Can I find him in jungle? It seems once you leave the area, you can't find the thief anymore and your money is gone forever.
2. Siheeto dagger(sorry about the misspelling) says it can allow you to cheat at card games, but it doesn't seem to do anything. How do I use it at gambling?

1: If you're lucky, you might get away with hitting the thief with the thief knife and stealing his money. Not just thieves, either - you can try to rob anyone with it. But there's always a chance you'll be caught and have to fight the thief, along with everyone else in the area. Indeed, once you leave the area, the thief is gone forever - he's a type of temporary character who no longer exists when you leave.

Other ways to deal with the thief include stunning him with a sandbag or a cobblestone, or throwing a poisoned throwing knife at him. Like the thief knife, these all carry the risk that you might be caught. Killing him with a poisoned throwing knife does not cost you reputation because it's the poison killing him, not your stab, and the mechanism for reputation loss doesn't check poisoning. Stunning the thief is the most amusing way, though, because you have a different set of dialog when you talk to a stunned pickpocket, compared to when you stun an innocent civilian and then try to rob him.

2: You don't. In general, don't take the descriptions too seriously. If you lose a lot of money gambling, you can indeed use the stiletto to get it back, though a big sword is even more effective because you get your money by killing the gambler who took it, and then you either run away or fight anyone standing around in the tavern. And before you ask, the description of the boarding axe says "A utility tool with many shipboard uses including damage and fire control", and you can't use it for either of those. ;)

Back