• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

I can't start mission The Nativity Incident

Perro Negro

Master Mariner
Storm Modder
No Governor sends me to Admiral Pellew. They only give me ship hunting missions.

If I go to the Bridgetown naval headquarters, there is no one there.

Game in FreePlay history

As I recall from your FreePlay game, you used the character model for Commander Horatio Hornblower but you renamed yourself. That will not work.

The mission is triggered if your name is Horatio Hornblower and you have just been promoted to Post Captain. If you were promoted to Post Captain while you had a different name then you have missed your chance.

If you have a savegame from before you were promoted to Post Captain, load that, and rename yourself back to Horatio Hornblower, then be promoted. Otherwise start a new FreePlay game as Commander Horatio Hornblower and do not change your name.

If you want to try the mission quickly, edit "PROGRAM\console.c". Find this line, somewhere near the top:
Code:
int limit;
Just below that, add this:
Code:
ChangeRMRelation(PChar, ENGLAND, 100.0);
Then start a game as Commander Horatio Hornblower. Do not change your name. When you have talked to the officer and then appeared in Kingston port, press F12. Check the "International Relations" screen, your rank should now be green. Then go and talk to the governor. This is how I started the mission quickly when I tested your dialog files.

Back