• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Impossible to win 1v1

Foop my Car

Freebooter
I have started using New Horizons, and the battle was way too extreme. I can't even 1v1 a crew member, and I'm pretty good with fighting in the other Sea Dogs games. What's worse, I block but they keep breaking through. I'm on a East Indiamen with 159 crew and I can't even take on a brigantine with lesser crew. What is going on?? Is the battle purposefully this hard??

What is your "Melee" skill? What weapon do you have? Do you have any combat perks ("Advanced defence", ""Professional swordsman")?

Try attacking merchants rather than warships. Also, weaken the enemy crew with grapeshot before boarding.

Does that mean you are now able to board enemy ships successfully and capture a frigate? Or did you start the game with the frigate?

Personally I don't try to board even a merchant until I have decent "Melee" skill, at least a battle cuirass, and one of the fancy swords from a dungeon. (The one in Port Royale is probably best for a beginner as the dungeon is easy to reach and it's a better sword than you'll find in some other dungeons.) And, for preference, some officers in my party who also have decent "Melee" plus battle cuirass.)

Otherwise, don't board them. Keep battering them with grapeshot and hope they surrender. If you're in a tier 4 frigate then you won't even have to duel the captain if the target is tier 6 or smaller.

Back