• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

In the market for some good 2nd rate SoLs for the build mod

Noriruru

Freebooter
Hey guys I was thinking about something the build mod could use. How about some good 2nd Rate lineships in the 84 to 98 gun range. Some nice intermediates between Pgargon's glorious HMS Victory 1st rate and his Ballona and Seperbe 3rd rates. Ships such as the 98 gun HMS Temeraire of 1798 or the French 84 gun Le Mirage perhaps.

It would just be interesting to have Ships of the line of all rates in the game.

I'd submitt blueprints of some of these ships for the shipbuilding guys here if I could but so far I haven't found the internet to be very fourthcomming as far as info or images of 18th century warships go does anyone know of any good sites to look as so far all I've found are canvas paintings with some scattered wooden model images and LOTs of lego stuff. Thinking hardly blueprint material here. :shrug

Maybie you'll have better luck than I have guys.

This is exactly what we need! :yes
Our current 90-Gun 2nd Rates are really low quality, and urgently need replacing.
Currently our ships jump from: Bellona (now 84 guns, but still a 3rd Rate design), to the 90-Gun 2nd Rate, to the 100-Gun 1st Rate.
So anything between, say, 88-96 would be a good bridge between 3rd and 1st Rates, I think. :onya

Indeed as what we have for 2nd rates are kinda lacking first we have the default AoP Manowar which truthfully looks plain awful. We do have Razor's Endeavour while a good ship is really showing her age these days compared to Pgargon's wares.

Ships like those of Pgargon's as well as ships like the posideon, surprise, and raa you're getting ready to launch have raised the quality bar for the build mod in my opinion. :yes

Back