• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed In the smuggler's camp near sao jorge, problem with desmond ray beltrop's conversation

Tingyun

Corsair
Storm Modder
I entered the smuggler's main house, and know nothing of anyone involved (haven't started any relevant quests, or done much of anything). Yet my character engages in some conversation option about skull saying stay away from someone's snakebite stash, and then the conversation immediately terminates.

Maybe the conversation properly knows to terminate if you don't have the quest or know anyone involved, but the dialogue doesn't properly change?

which storyline are you playing? Freeplay right?

This is the dialog he gives right?
text:
"Did Skull send ye? If not, yer gonna look pretty funny trying to put yer brains back in yer head.",
reaction:
"You kiss your mother with that mouth? Skull says stay away from his Snakebite stash.",

indeed a bit weird dialog if you haven't seen anything about it yet ...

Yes, exactly that. Then the dialogue terminates when I select that. Very confusing, though I look forward to the sidequest!

Yes, exactly that. Then the dialogue terminates when I select that. Very confusing, though I look forward to the sidequest!
it's a quest from the standaard storyline so you wont see it I think.
I think we should change the dialog indeed.
if you want you can do it @Tingyun . You can find the file in PROGRAM\DIALOGS\ENGLISH , look for Desmond Ray Beltrop_dialog.h open it in any texteditor. The first 2 lines are the ones used here. You can change them to what you think is right. The lines aren't used anywhere else and if the quest is active they are overwritten so make it something nice I'd say.

How about this? I preserved the second part of his original comment:

"You had best be careful around here. If you make trouble, yer gonna look pretty funny trying to put yer brains back in yer head.",
"I am just passing through.",

Attachments

• Desmond Ray Beltrop_dialog.h
    2.5 KB · Views: 80
That dialog was originally added as an Easter Egg.
Skull was a rather colourful forum member back in the days and it was a reference to him, rather than to the ingame character.

Back