• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Increase size of Caribbean in Arcade mode

Rhetrik

Landlubber
Hey,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but if so I have the following question:

I kind of like the increased size of the Caribbean in iron man mode, but I generally prefer arcade or realistic mode, as I like to use the worldmap for most of the travelling.

Is there a way somewhere in the game files to make the game world size in Arcade like it is in Iron man?

I play arcade mode and already think the caribbean size is massive. Especially with quests based on the stock game archipelago it shows, because suddenly islands that were originally neighbours are on opposite sides of the world. :p

And then there are storms on the world map. I don't like storms. I seriously ask myself if there are really players out there who shrug and say "Oh, so I'm in a storm now". Because what I do in storms is: I curse and swear and call it the most unnecessary feature in the game before I reload my save from leaving the last island. ;)

Edit "PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h". Find this line:
Code:
#define OPEN_SEA_MOD               0       // BOOL - 1=ON - Worldmap enlarged for realistic DirectSail
Change the 0 to 1.

Edit "PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h". Find this line:
Code:
#define OPEN_SEA_MOD               0       // BOOL - 1=ON - Worldmap enlarged for realistic DirectSail
Change the 0 to 1.

Do you have to do this before starting a new game or can you do it mid-game?

And then there are storms on the world map. I don't like storms. I seriously ask myself if there are really players out there who shrug and say "Oh, so I'm in a storm now". Because what I do in storms is: I curse and swear and call it the most unnecessary feature in the game before I reload my save from leaving the last island. ;)
It's the STORM game engine. What'd you expect?

That said, have you paid a visit to Vanderdecken yet?
He might be able to give you a hand. :cheeky

Back