• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Introducing Myself

Purpure has gone international! The mod for "Pirates of the Caribbean" is being translated into Spanish, and Purpure's dialogue and story texts are now included:
Purpure_Spanish.jpg Gules_Spanish.jpg

@Homo eructus, who did the translating, pointed out an interesting coincidence. Assuming that "squire" in "Squire of the Sea" is figurative, referring to a noble and brave character, rather than a literal servant of a knight, he translated the title as "La Hidalga de los Mares" - and then noted that the Spanish title for the old film "Captain Horation Hornblower R.N." is "El Hidalgo de los Mares". Spain already has a "squire of the sea" and Purpure is in distinguished company!

That's interesting to know. Yes, the Squire is a metaphorical title, not a literal reference to any knight's servants. I've read the Hornblower books myself.

Purpure has gone international! The mod for "Pirates of the Caribbean" is being translated into Spanish, and Purpure's dialogue and story texts are now included:
View attachment 43198 View attachment 43197

@Homo eructus, who did the translating, pointed out an interesting coincidence. Assuming that "squire" in "Squire of the Sea" is figurative, referring to a noble and brave character, rather than a literal servant of a knight, he translated the title as "La Hidalga de los Mares" - and then noted that the Spanish title for the old film "Captain Horation Hornblower R.N." is "El Hidalgo de los Mares". Spain already has a "squire of the sea" and Purpure is in distinguished company!
That screenshot contains a typo in the dialogue. Fixed now

Attachments

• Robert Fletcher_dialog.h
    43.5 KB · Views: 35
Back