• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Is there a Black Pearl mod for Age of Pirate Caribbean tales?

Slim. Shady

Landlubber
Hey everyone, how ya'll doing? I've been searching for a mod that has the black pearl on aop ct but had no luck, i've seen videos of people having it but the links were dead. Anybody has it? if so can you help me add it on game or something.
Thank you so much!

Welcome aboard, @Slim. Shady! :cheers

I've moved your question to the "Caribbean Tales" section of the forum as that's the game you're playing. Hopefully someone here can answer.

No standalone mod as such that I'm aware of, but the Historical Immersion Mod does have the Black Pearl (or a phantom ship quite like it, albeit larger) included.

Have a look at the end of this video (23:07):

But if you want the POTC story/experience, why not play POTC with the New Horizons mod? I would much recommend that.

CT is kind of its own world. :keith

Edit:

There was a way to custom backport the Black Pearl into CT from COAS, but that was a long time ago. I'm not sure if any of the download links are still working.

The Black Pearl mod!!!!

Last edited:
This ship is also used in COAS as the Flying Dutchman.

But if you want the POTC story/experience, why not play POTC with the New Horizons mod? I would much recommend that.
Yep, the only drawback is that the game is not so easily found as CT, COAS, TEHO and even the original Sea Dogs.

There's also the "Gentlemen of Fortune" (GoF) mod for CoAS, which includes the Black Pearl:
Mod Release - Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0
Mod Release - Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.1.5 mod development

You may find that more useful as CoAS functions more like CT than PoTC does. In particular, it uses "SAILORSPOINTS" files rather than PoTC's walk files.

In any case, whether you use GoF or NH, you don't need the basic CoAS or PoTC unless you intend to play them. Just download the mod, find the files needed for the ship, then use them to mod your copy of CT.

Alternatively you could use the model from my Black Pearl mod for TEHO you can find in my signature.

It's the same model as in PotC but raised a bit and I have added lanterns, if lanterns work in CT. :unsure

Lanterns should work in CT and so should "fal" rope locators, which create heavier ropes. PoTC doesn't support those, so anyone wanting to import a CT/CoAS model into PoTC needs to convert all "fal" locators into "rope", which will only produce standard thickness ropes but will at least show something. You could have a look at a few CT/CoAS/TEHO models, see where their "fal" locators are, then decide if you want anything similar on the TEHO Pearl.

This ship is also used in COAS as the Flying Dutchman.

Yep, the only drawback is that the game is not so easily found as CT, COAS, TEHO and even the original Sea Dogs.

Sorry to necro this thread, but the Black Pearl from Sea Dogs II and the Flying Dutchman in City of Abandoned Ships really use the same model? So I could open up a text editor and rename the Black Pearl in Sea Dogs II into the Flying Dutchman for continuity's sake, right?

No it isn't the same model.

I think I was referring to the other ghost ship of the Historical Immersion Mod.

Back