• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Is Tropico 2...

Darkheath

Landlubber
... worth the $10 you can get it for now?

I kinda liked the original.. but never really finished it. I know it kinda got some mixed reviews because you are essentially using slaves to build your town.

Can anyone list whether they liked it much or not. And please.. don't just say "yes or no", gimme some explainations.

Thank you one and all. :yes

Tropico 2 Pirate Cove can be fun, yes, if you like "sim" type games where you are the administrator. You never get off your island, you build your town and hire captains, build ships, and send them off to plunder various areas of the Caribbean. Lots of things can happen to influence your game, you have to keep your pirates happy with anarchy and defense, as well as places to drink and gamble and whore... Your captives will stay more pacified if you have a church and priest, and "order" inducing type structures such as gallows and hanging skeletons, &tc. But you can't have too much control and order, because your pirates won't like it and they'll revolt. The reverse is true for the captives, if there's too much anarchy they will think no one is watching, and they'll try to escape or revolt... If either side gets lucky and captures you, well, it's OFF WITH YOUR HEAD! :yes

There are scenarios you can follow, and campaigns. There is also a "sandbox" where you can design your own island and build your own scenario by defining your limits and goals... That's kinda neat as it will lend itself towards lengthening the game's `play-ability`.

Everything in the game is rather `tongue-in`-cheek. It is designed to be amusing as well as entertaining.

YES, your captives are "slaves" - and the overseers animations can be a bit troubling... There is one that uses a whip - however, there are others that snap wet towels (weird, but ohhhhhkay)...

The animations are kinda fun (a pirate can go crazy and run around looking for somebody to kill), the voices are fun, and your pirates or captives thoughts are funny sometimes, and there are even cats and monkeys on the island that can provide a little humor... Even the names of the ships and the business establishments are pretty funny.

And the music is GREAT. I enjoy the heck out of my Tropico 2 game (still play it now and again), and sure, I recommend it - IF you are into the administrative - run things - "Sim City" - type game. :cheers :cheers

Aye, whar Cat be sayin! :cheers

Fred Bob played dat game fer several months straight! Certainly be worth mo' den $10! :cheers

Thar be a fun fansite called Cafe Tropico whar Fred Bob be postin' durin' dat time! :yes

Back