• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

It's an itsy bitsy text...

Admiral8Q

Troublesome Corsair
Question, I just took the 10.1 mod but the text in game is so tiny it's difficult to read, is there any way, to put the text back to normal size? That is extremely irritating, and giving me a headache.

Darn, I started to tell you how to do this but I realized that I have a different version of the game because I am testing the new build. I will ask someone and get back to you - hang loose... There IS an answer! :shock:

I think that you can change the size of the text by modifying a file in the RESOURCEINI folder.
Open up fonts.ini in Notepad and find the lines that look like this: pcscale = 0.7

Then change the number so that it is a good size for you, I think changing it to 1 would make it look like the text in an unmodded game. There are about 3 entries that you can change and they'll affect different text in the game.

There is a chance that you could come across some text that doesn't display properly with a larger font size and if this works then it might only work when you start a new game.

Thank you Sirus Darke!!!

That is extremely helpful! I don't know why the text was even shrunk in the first place.

But anyways, I've discovered three of those pcscale lines in the folder.

The first one is the text in the main bar, like what people are saying to you. setting it to 1 is what it looks like in the unmodded game.

The second one is the text and choices of what you as the player chooses.

I'm not sure yet what the third one does, but I think if you modify it past 0.7 the game crashes because I couldn't run the game after changing it. :p:

I found that in the latest build, when there is really long text, it "bobs" up and down when scrolling. To solve this, just press up then use the "Page Down" button to read through it all. :facepalm

Hey, with the big (normal) fonts the dialog up border dissapears... only with the smallest dialagos the border is ok... Can someone say the rights variables to change in fonts.ini?

sorry to repeat this but know one didnt even say "its impossible.... dunno"

With the big (normal) fonts the upper dialog border dissapears... only with the smallest (less text) dialogs the border is ok... Can someone say the rights variables to change in fonts.ini?

DarkCoiote

on my version the first thing i do is change the small fonts to pcscale=0.8, much easier to read that way (plus the writing doesn't look so distorted), without looking as clumsy and `console-y` as full unmodded size.

nothing you can do about the border on the dialogue boxes. it happens when there's too much text in the dialogue window (even in the unmodded game), so i suppose it could be solved by splitting big dialogue nodes into smaller nodes.

Back