• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Jack Sparrow Storyline: Beckett doesn't show up at Barbados Lighthouse

Nickos

Landlubber
Running the 4.1 WIP, with the Mings' Brotherhood storyline.

According to the guide, Beckett should appear when you go to visit Annamaria again, but to me it just... never happens - no Cutler, no Davy, no finishing up the pre-Black Pearl storyline. I've reloaded to try a different approach (search for the treasure), reloaded back to the first meeting with Anna (don't get a QB update when talking to her despite trying to reload an even earlier save - maybe that's the issue) and... I'm kinda baffled at this point. Spent over two hours trying to make it work and nothing seems to help, sadly. xD

You have a savegame from just prior to that point?

Log files may help too.

You have a savegame from just prior to that point?

Log files may help too.

You want saves, Pieter, you get saves. :doff

I'm including the one right before landing on the Barbados Lighthouse and one right after talking to Petros on his plantation.

JackSparrowSaves.rar

EDIT: Also, I've just noticed... this is the first time I'm posting in three years time and what was the last thing I posted about? The Jack Sparrow questline bugging out on me. Looks like I'm destined to run into issues with it every couple of years, bahaha. :p

Attachments

• error.log
    143 bytes · Views: 119
  • system.log
    872 bytes · Views: 129
@Nickos: I moved your thread to the Bug Tracker, because that is the main area of the forum I use to now forget about stuff.

Thanks for the saves. When I get the chance, I'll see if I can figure out what happens.

It seems you are missing compile.log, which is actually the most relevant one for quest issues.

I'm actually quite surprised it doesn't work. Pretty sure somebody played through the Jack Sparrow storyline not too long ago.
He ran into some issues that we fixed, but no word on that problem. Oh wel... we'll see.

@Nickos: I loaded your "-=Jacky-boy=- Open Sea September 14th, 1740" save and checked the Questbook.
That said to report to Sir Christopher Mings and if I recall he lives in Speightstown port.
So I anchor in the port and immediately Beckett comes up to talk to me.

Isn't that what is supposed to happen? If so, I don't see anything wrong. :confused:

If not, @Talisman would know better what should happen. Maybe he can help?

Hmm.... apparently what I did is a trap and means Game Over. Works though.

No Beckett at the lighthouse, but there isn't meant to be either. You're there to see Annamaria and she is there.
Looks like you're at this part of the quest:

Petros talks to you - says Annamaria is waiting at Lighthouse on Barbados for you.- Mr Gibbs & Couch Captain Charles leave you

Now go Searching for Nathan Kell

top)
Sail to Barbados - Annamaria is standing beside Lighthouse - go and talk to her – (gives you part of map – only if you did NOT get it from Petros ) – QB Update

Anyway, I can't detect anything wrong.

Hmm.... apparently what I did is a trap and means Game Over. Works though.

:yes

Yes - Short Jack Gold put those traps in so players would land at the right place ( where he wanted them to ) :D

I tried the Save at Sea - talked to Annamaria next to the Lighthouse OK - ( quest book did not update though :shrug - it might be that the quest book only updates if she gives you part of the map :read )

Suggest after talking to Annamaria - you go to Bridgetown ( fight through the canyon at back of Lighthouse Bay - going any other way i.e. sailing is a Trap :yes ) -and see if you can continue the quest - go to small church & talk to Damski - then go and find Nathan Kell hiding in his room, and continue from there.

:duel:

Last edited:
Just checked Annamaria's dialog code - quest book only updates if she gives the player a bit of the map. :yes

I have corrected the walkthrough.

:cheers

Back