• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Joseph Claude Le Moigne dialogue in Hoist the Colours storyline

salonikasurf

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Build 14 Beta 4.1 28May fixes.

Joseph Claude Le Moigne dialogue in this storyline does not allow for the Verginie quest - Gambled Girl won in a card Game.

There are also rumours of the pirate corvette blockading that Joseph doesn't talk about - not sure this should be in this storyline though.

Also, Antoine Lebretton Dialogue does not include for the Baldewyn dialogue.

I have fixed these two and tested them in my game. Zip file attached.

Any other testing would be appreciated. Alternatively I may be fixing a symptom not the problem as I would think that these dialogues should revert to the standard one s at some time in the storyline.

Attachments

• Jack Sparrow fixes.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 265
The dialog files can't switch to the standard ones because the local versions in the "JackSparrow" storyline folder have the same name as the standard files, which means the local versions will always supercede the standard versions. Besides, as the files deal with side quests, it's not possible within the storyline to predict when the player will go for those quests, therefore not possible to set a suitable place to switch files.

I didn't know that you could talk to Antoine Lebretton about Baldewyn Coffier! Normally I just go in, talk to Baldewyn and agree to lend him the money, partly to get a reputation boost and partly to initiate Sabine Matton's part in the game. I suspect that your version can mess up Jack Sparrow's real reason for talking to Antoine Lebretton, which is to progress the "Justine le Moigne" sidequest specific to that story. This is because both the part for Baldewyn Coffier and the part for Lucas da Saldanha use "link.l4", so if the bit about Baldewyn is later then it will take precedence, which means Jack Sparrow might not be able to talk about Lucas until he's talked about Baldewyn first. It won't be a problem unless Jack has talked to Baldewyn before talking to Antoine about Lucas, but it could happen.

More seriously, that's not the only sidequest whose dialog code is missing from "Antoine Lebretton_dialog.c". The text all appears to be there in "Antoine Lebretton_dialog.h", so it should just be a matter of copying the code from the standard version of the file. It will be a while before I can test it, but you can try this if you like. This one should give Lucas priority over Baldewyn, and also allow Jack Sparrow to do the "Patric and the Idols" sidequest as well as help Turpin Cabanel with smugglers and pay Thierry Bosquet's bill.

Attachments

• Antoine Lebretton_dialog.c
    19.1 KB · Views: 181
Thanks @Grey Roger ,
I had already done the Justine quest before the Baldewyn one so Lucas issue didn't show up. I did note that the .h file for Antoine did have all the dialogue and did just that - copy the .c parts for the quest. Same as I did for Joseph Claude Le Moigne.

Having now read the Wiki on which side quests are not in Jack Sparrow, I think the pirate corvette dialogue should be included in Joseph's dialogue as well.

Jack Sparrow - pirate hunter? o_O Next thing you know, he'll be trying to get a reward for capturing the notorious pirates Will and Elizabeth Turner. ;)

OK, fair enough. Please go ahead and add the pirate corvette quest to the "JackSparrow" version of "Joseph Claude Le Moigne_dialog.c/h". But be careful not to allow these sidequests to override Sparrow's real quest reason for visiting Joseph Claude le Moigne, which is the search for Justine le Moigne. I suggest either moving the parts about Virginie d'Espivant to above the part about "Firstcontact" in case "quests", or changing their "link.l1" to "link.l2". The first will mean that if Jack hasn't already done the "Justine le Moigne" quest, it will take precedence; the second will mean that both quests will appear as a choice of dialog answers.

Back