• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Just a few questions regarding Build 13 Full.

owly7

Landlubber
Firstly, are promotions based on level, or amount of missions done in the Main Quest for the Governor of Redmond? Because I seemed to get promoted to Midshipman after I completed Reconoiter (sp.) Oxbay, and Lieutenant after sinking the French ship in Falaise De Fleur, but no promotions since. I am currently on the level where you have to capture the idol from the Governor's frigate. So what are the ranks and how do you get promoted to them?

Secondly, is there any option for marrying and raising a family like there is in other pirate sims like Tortuga and Patrician?

And finally, where is the brothel in Quebradas Costillas? ;)

Promotion is based mainly on how many ships enemy to the nation you serve you have sunk.
So go around sinking many ships and you'll get promoted without doing quests.
You can use the governor missions for that, but you can also go ahead and sink random ships.

You CAN marry if you get promoted enough times. No family affairs though.

The brothel is in the pirate settlement on QC, but it's turned off by default.
In BuildSettings.h (or InternalSettings.h; I forget which), you can set ENABLE_BROTHEL to 1.
New game required for the change to take effect.

Back