• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Justine Le Moigne’s Disappearance mission problem

Captains Poega

Landlubber
Good morning, afternoon, evening, I was playing the mission that appears in the title, everything was going well, until I get to Grand Turks, who asks me to go to the port bookstore, I go to the bookstore, I read about the kraken and everything is fine , I go out and Jack talks with himself, but at that point the mission is blocked, it is assumed that at that point a crew member of Davy Jones appears to talk to me, but I do not appear, no matter what the mission does, it stays at that point period, any idea how to fix it?

Have you a savegame from before you went to the bookstore? If so, please load it, go to the bookstore, then post "compile.log", which you should find in the top level of the game installation folder. Otherwise use an archiver such as 7-Zip to compress the savegame, then post that.

Looking at the code, Davy Jones' crew should not appear until you move to the archway which leads to the dock area. If you quit the game while you were still outside the library, you would indeed not have seen them.

Last edited:
I need to add it but if I went to the port arch, I stayed there for 10 minutes, save a game before entering the library but it remains the same.

here's the file:

Attachments

• compile.log
    4.9 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Can you load the savegame from before you went into the library; then go to the library, read about the kraken, leave, have the self-dialog about the storm, and go to the arch; then post "compile.log" here?

Alternatively, zip the savegame, then post that here. Then I can have a look to see what is going wrong.

Which version of the game are you playing?

i'an playing on build 14 beta 4 wip version; 2 apr 2016

here it goes the compile

and here the save game

Attachments

• compile.log
    5.6 KB · Views: 188
  • -=Player=- Turks. Grand Turk port August 12th, 1747 1.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 191
April 2016 is an outdated version. Expect more trouble - quite a few bugs in this storyline, as well as in the game generally, have been fixed since then! However, do not try to install a newer version just yet as your savegame will not work.

Looking at the code for that part of the story, you need to walk over a particular point. In newer versions of the game, the place you have to hit has been made larger so it's pretty well impossible to miss. Try moving around in the area around the library, under the arch, and around the arch, and see if you can trigger the arrival of Davy Jones' crew.

I tried to move around everything mentioned, but nothing happened, I will delete all the saves and install the new version, also it suits me, since some mission had been bugged me

Hopefully you have not yet done that as I've found the problem. There is a typo in the 2016 code which prevents the game triggering the appearance of Davy Jones' crew. If you still have your old installation and saves, I can upload a fixed version of the code file.

The new version already has this error fixed. You should certainly be able to complete "Justine le Moigne's Disappearance" in this version. I've played "Hoist the Colours" myself and completed this quest.

It's late, I already installed the newest version, so I will have to do the missions until I get to the point where it was bugged, and pray that it does not buge again

and here I am xd, I finished the mission and I was able to complete it without any problem, but in the end, Tia Dalma tells me that I have to go to the island of the pelegostos, I do not know if that island has not been implemented yet, since in all the time I've been playing I never found that island.

No such island exists in the game. When you leave Martinique waters, you have a final encounter with Davy Jones and end up back near Martinique. The quest ends there.

I once wrote some code to change Cozumel into Pelegostos for this storyline but never included it in any update. If someone more expert in "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" wants to continue the storyline from the end of this quest, I'll see if I can find it. Whoever wants to continue the story would then need to put Tia Dalma's shack onto Cozumel/Pelegostos, put Tia Dalma there, write some dialog for her about a key, and then... whatever the person doing the continuing wants to do next.

There are also a couple of Jungle Church locations that @Jack Rackham prepared for the ending of DMC.
But they haven't been used...

Back