• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Lagg Problem

stringed_evil

Landlubber
Hi everyone, I didn't want my first post to be in the tech section here but alas, here it be.

I have the 14 alpha 7 build installed.. with the fix and the music pack. The modifications are rockin, I'm really impressed...but the problem is, I get terrible lag (I mean unplayable and unexpected) whenever I do the following:

1) Bring up the action menu (to fasttravel or loot a corpse/chest etc) note: if i stand over a corpse i get an enormous stream of info on the left with the corpses name.
2) board a ship and fight with my crew, 1 fps or less, no exaggeration. If there's a single captain there are no problems.
3) When cannons fire at a sea battle, if there is a large fleet, it's major slowdown.
4) whenever time has passed and some calculations need doing (after repairs or waking from a night in a tavern)

I have 2.6ghz core2duo, 2gig performance ram, 7600gt and no problems in any other mods/games. I was just wondering if this slow down is common with everyone with this build and just something to live with or has something gone horribly wrong? hehe.

Cheers for any info.

well, it's the mojar bugger that's snuck in in b14a7. no idea what causes it though. i'm just happy that i don't have to live with it as i use b14a6.

Back