• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Levis' Santiago Storyteller

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
This is a character which will be used in a sidequest, but in preperation I've already released her as a stand alone thing because she can be added anyways as she also has things not quest related. See this video here to see what she does.

You can download included zip and extract it to your POTC main folder (it's only tested with the may 19th release from this post) . New game required
You can find mahala in santiago at the back of the town at one of the stands there.

If you use this mod with one of my other released mods please check if files overlap and if so use a program like winmerge to make sure everything is included

Attachments

• Mahala.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Even if the sidequest is never completed, this storyteller seems like a nice addition to Santiago. Unless she causes any trouble, she's going into the next update. And there's always the possibility to add more stories. :onya

I've installed this and it seems to work fine:
mahala.jpg

I've renamed the dialog files to "Mahala_dialog.c/h" in keeping with almost all other dialog file names, and made a few minor corrections (full stops at the end of some sentences, "wonderful" only has one "l"; nothing to change the wording, let alone meaning).

The dialog also contains some extra material presumably for the sidequest. There's reference to opium, and since the sidequest obviously won't be accepted if it involves opium, you may want to change that. Also, don't count on Smugglers Camp being Smugglers Camp because both the "Ardent" and "Assassin" storylines have their own uses for that location. (And since "Ardent" makes a lot of use of Santiago, it's probably the storyline most likely to introduce players to Mahala.)

In any case, Mahala is definitely going into the next update. :onya

I've installed this and it seems to work fine:
View attachment 38708

I've renamed the dialog files to "Mahala_dialog.c/h" in keeping with almost all other dialog file names, and made a few minor corrections (full stops at the end of some sentences, "wonderful" only has one "l"; nothing to change the wording, let alone meaning).

The dialog also contains some extra material presumably for the sidequest. There's reference to opium, and since the sidequest obviously won't be accepted if it involves opium, you may want to change that. Also, don't count on Smugglers Camp being Smugglers Camp because both the "Ardent" and "Assassin" storylines have their own uses for that location. (And since "Ardent" makes a lot of use of Santiago, it's probably the storyline most likely to introduce players to Mahala.)

In any case, Mahala is definitely going into the next update. :onya
Jup that's going to be changed, I didn't edit the h file because that ment I had to change line numbers too

Back