• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Levis' Smugglers Tradebook

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
This mod will give you an enhancement to the tradebook. After you've smuggled 100 goods you can ask the smugglers for a tip. they will then give you this enhancement.
GetBook.png
If you open the colonies view it will now look like this
BookButton.png
But if you look in it and you know nothing yet it will show a questionmark like this
smugglenotknown.png
The book will only update with information you've aquired, so this information can be out of date. It will be update if you read the news in the tavern and it says something about smuggling patrols
readnews.png
Or if you aquire a patrolbook and read this
knowbook.png
Or if you get the information from a guard
knowguard.png
After you aqcuired the information you can see it in the smugglersbook
smugglingknown.png

This also adds some options for modders. You can now have functions be triggered if an event is shown or if a book is read. if this is added to the main build I will write something about it in the wiki.

You can download included zip and extract it to your POTC main folder (it's only tested with the may 19th release from this post) .
If you use this mod in an existing game it will (probably) not show the smuggled amount you did before installing this and the same goes for patrol states. But you should be able to still use it without starting a new game.

If you use this mod with one of my other released mods please check if files overlap and if so use a program like winmerge to make sure everything is included

Attachments

• Smugglers Book.zip
    65.3 KB · Views: 123
I've never thought this to be particularly necessary. However, if it never appears for non-smugglers, and only appears for smugglers who choose a specific dialog option with the agent when it becomes available, that's a good compromise between those who want it and those who don't. I'll test it out and, barring any problems, will probably include it in the next update. Thanks! :onya

(I always check new stuff with WinMerge, partly as a first look at the code to see if there's anything of concern, and partly to include it along with anyone else's work.)

It's mostly a first version with some information. later I hope to add more info to it (like the time you last found out so you can use that again if you want and stuff like this, just to make your life a bit easier). I've tested it a bit already but more testing is always welcome :) .

In "PROGRAM\QUESTS\quests_utils.c", what are the purposes of these functions?
  • SetMainCharacterRunning
  • GetRandomCharacterForTown
  • GetCharacterCollectionForTown - if levelling already slows down the game by going through every character in a scene, isn't this in danger of slowing it down even more?
  • CheckRandomCharacter
Are they related to the smuggler's tradebook entries?

In "PROGRAM\QUESTS\quests_utils.c", what are the purposes of these functions?
  • SetMainCharacterRunning
  • GetRandomCharacterForTown
  • GetCharacterCollectionForTown - if levelling already slows down the game by going through every character in a scene, isn't this in danger of slowing it down even more?
  • CheckRandomCharacter
Are they related to the smuggler's tradebook entries?
I think the setmancharacterrunning is accedently copied and not used.
The others are something from the smuggling which I think I copied in while not directly connected to the smuggling book.
There used to be a function in the smuggling.c to get some random characters for the opium quest. These functions do the same but are them seperated so they can be used by others too.
They should at the moment only be used by the opium quest which at the moment is disabled anyways.
If you want you can remove the setmaincharacterrunning.

Back