• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Spoiler Locations of random items

If you want to cheat fjx, you can check the locationfiles: in which locations threre are any randitems.
Then make the locators visible in internalsettings (at the end) to find out exatly where they are placed.

If you want to cheat fjx, you can check the locationfiles: in which locations threre are any randitems.
Then make the locators visible in internalsettings (at the end) to find out exatly where they are placed.
Sorry about such late reply. I turned the locators on and i saw them for reloads, boxes, go-to's etc., but I there AREN'T any for items.

"Randitems' are purple, but in Age of Pirates 2, and I'm talking abot POTC.

So with your knowledge of all stock POTC locations can you confirm that every location except town building interiors has at least one random item spot?
No, I can't confirm. There are several outside locations in the stock game, mostly outskirts and beaches, where I don't know about a random item spot.

From the top of my head:

Oxbay
Oxbay port:
Under the jetty and far in the shallow water
Oxbay town: Under the tree, behind a house near the shipyard, in a barrel behind a house
Oxbay outskirts: In a bush towards Far Beach
Jungle between Oxbay and Far Beach: Under a rootstock next to the giant rock
Far Beach: Between rocks at the beach
Jungle (middle of island): I'm not sure
Entrance to cave: Between some bushes
Jungle near Greenford and Gray Rock Bay: I don't think so
Gray Rock Bay: I'm not sure
Greenford outskirts: I don't think so
Greenford town: Behind the church and near the loanshark office (his name is Kermit Proudfoot!)
Greenford port: Under the rowboat
Canyon and mine camp: In some bushes
Lighthouse Bay: Behind the big stone monuments

Redmond
Port:
Behind the wall in front of the last house
Main square: In the governor's front garden
Market square: In what looks like a stable
Church square: On the path behind the church
Outskirts: At least in one, in a niche of the town wall (by the way, I found out that in the stock game, the two outskirts are switched)
Jungle: On the small hill in the middle
Devil's Throat: I'm not sure
Rocky Shore: I don't think so

Falaise de Fleur
Port:
In a niche next to the town gate
Repair dock: In a window behind the small house
First town section: I'm not sure
Second and main town section: Under the stairs to the shipyard's office
Third town section: I'm not sure
Fourth town section: I'm not sure
Outskirts: In some bushes
Octopus Bay: By the far side rocks I think

I'll do the other islands some other time

• Love
Reactions: fjx
Wow, I thought, I knew them all! How about boardings and conquests of forts? I have a whole series of pictures somewhere, because I wanted to remember them.

Now that the game has been expanded to cover all of the islands of the Caribbean, many areas - both towns, jungles and shores - have been recycled in other places. If you enter an area similar to the ones shown in the screenshots, you can often expect to find an item in the same place. Even if the area has been slightly retextured or has had extra jungles added to it.

Isla Muelle/Puerto Rico island:
Oyster Beach:
Puerto Rico - Oyster Beach.png
Passage:
Puerto Rico - passage.png
Outskirts:
Puerto Rico - San Juan - outskirts.png
Shore (you can only land here, after you have reached a certain stage in the quest "Strange Things Going on in the Caribbean"):
Puerto Rico - Shore.png

Isla Muelle/Puerto Rico - Isla Muelle/San Juan town (a few fjx missed):
Harbour:
Puerto Rico - San Juan - havn 2.png
Church plaza:
Puerto Rico - San Juan - kirketorv 1.png
Quarter with gate to the jungle:
Puerto Rico - San Juan - kvarteret ud til junglen 1.pngPuerto Rico - San Juan - kvarteret ud til junglen 2.png

Last edited:
Redmond/Jamaica island:
The outskirts on the other side of Redmond/Port Royale town from the picture fjx showed in post #4:
Jamaica - Port Royale - outskirts 2.png
Jungle:
Jamaica - jungle.png
Devil's Throat:
Jamaica - Devils Throat.png
Rocky Shore. To find this spot you have to swim from the beach and around the rock outcropping to the left of the beach, when you face the sea. It takes a little while to get there, so speed up time. The flat rock with the item is frequently flooded by the waves.
Jamaica - Rocky Shore.png

Last edited:
Oxbay/Barbados island:
Outskirts outside Greenford/Bridgetown:
Barbados - Bridgetown - outskirts.png
Far Beach:
Barbados - Far Beach.png
Gray Rock Beach:
Barbados - Gray Rock Beach.png
Lighthouse:
Barbados - Lighthouse.png
Jungle 1 - this one is hidden among the palmtrees and ferns on the little hill near the path to the cavern entrance. You may have to run around a little, because the collision of the palm trees makes things difficult.
Barbados - jungle 1.png
Cavern Entrance:
Barbados - Cavern Entrance.png
Jungle 2:
Barbados - jungle 2.png
Jungle 3:
Barbados - jungle 3.png

Falaise de Fleur/Martinique:
Outskirts:
Martinique - Saint Pierre - outskirts.png
Octopus Bay - you have to go allll the way to the big rock at the right end of the beach, if you face the sea, and behind it.
Martinique - Octopus Bay.png

Douwesen/Bonaire:
Crab Cliffs:
Bonaire - Crab Cliffs.png
Palm Beach:
Bonaire - Palm Beach.png
Jungle (the one neither fjx nor Hylie Pistof mentioned):
Bonaire - jungle 1.png
House in the Jungle:
Bonaire - House in the jungle.png

The shipwreck on the shore, the player can't land on, also has a place for an item. For those who haven't played the Artois Voysey or Nigel Blythe quest, these are the instructions to reach that shipwreck.
In the outskirts outside Douwesen/Krajlendijk is a an entrance to a cavern near the waterfall:
Bonaire - Bonaire Cavern entrance in Krajlendijk Outskirts.png
Fight your way through a load of enemies. You will have to do this on both your way to and from the shore with the shipwreck, because the enemies respawn, when you leave the cavern.
Bonaire Cavern and a boatload of enemies.png
On the shore itself you will meet another five enemies (one of them hides between the rocks at the opposite end of the shore and will attack from behind.
Bonaire - Shore with a shipwreck.png
And for some reason I haven't been able to get a picture with the icon for the item to pick up. I will supply a picture later.
pokkers.png

Last edited:
Conceicao/La Grenade island:
Sunny Haven:
La Grenade - Sunny Haven.png
Leviathan Rock:
La Grenade - Leviathan Rock.png
Leviathan Rock - go around this outcropping rock to reach the entrance to the hidden cave:
La Grenade - Leviathan Rock with directions.png
The hidden cave:
La Grenade - hidden cave.png
Exit from Smugglers Lair:
La Grenade - Exit from Smugglers Lair.png
Jungle:
La Grenade - jungle.png

Back