• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Looking to help

Exsoit

Sin Cera
Quest Writer
Provisional
Hi, I just looked into the forum after a long absence to see it breathing with new vigor and was thrilled to hear of the idea of a new pirate game being plotted out. Personally, I have always loved the work on the Combined Mod for Pirates 2 and recently came back to give it another play through and see all the work when I noticed the help wanted.

I have always had a soft spot for any game that lets me have my own ship and Age of Pirates 2 is one of the few that really fills that niche so if their is a game coming out in the spirit of that old title, then I would like to do what I can to help.

My current skills I could offer: Well I do like to write a lot and having the game be as interactive as possible is a plus so my first option would be to work with the design team for quests, dialogue or character background.

Otherwise I have some skill in C++, Linux, and Java and I would help out where I can with that. In fact, I would enjoy that a lot even if I am not directly involved. Object oriented programming is something I want to get more into so maybe if it's just to talk with others that have made scripts. That would be fine just to ask questions and be part of the implementation of such work.

Hope to receive a reply soon.

Welcome to the project mate!
There's plenty to do, so your help and enthusiasm will be more than welcomed. :onya

You should be greeted and assigned to a team soon by a staff member.

Happy contributions ! :cheers

Welcome aboard. If writing is your first choice, then you're in luck. We've just started the first main storylines, and you should have something to help with within the next few days. A guy named Luke is the one in charge of that enterprise, and he should be around shortly. He's the one who says "y'all" a lot. ( :razz ) Armada or Pieter Boelen have the ability to add you to the group, and they'll probably do so tomorrow.

Welcome to the team! :cheers

Please have a look at this forum where Luke McReady is setting up the quest writing: http://www.piratesahoy.net/forums/storyline-writing.140/
Your coding knowledge could be VERY valuable once we actually have a game to implement the story in. So that's welcome indeed. :cheeky

And very much agreed on having the game as interactive as possible. :yes

You might be able to help with some of the engine testing being done by Captain Murphy and Wedori. maybe you wont be able to be involved with that side of things until a later stage, but It's probably worth getting in touch with them to see if your skills match some of their needs right now.

Sorry i'm late Y'all I need to check this more than every other day I guess :wplol.

I see Pieter has already linked you to the forum.

ATM not much is there I'am trying my best to get the setup finished and should be 100% by Friday at least. as for now join Dario in the general discussion forum if you like. there are a few others but He's been the most active as far as I've been able to tell ;). Read up on the Rules and the opening statement and be ready to get started mate Glad to have you on board :onya

Sorry for the late reply,

I had been travelling from California to New York and then down to Florida. My family were the odd ducks that migrated to the other coast with its bitter cold water and $12 cheeseburgers. It also didn't help they bribed me with the idea of a 3 day cruise (never been on a cruise before) down in Florida.
But if it all helps my tardiness, I did have a good time visiting Nassau, Bahamas and picking up a bottle or two of some coconut rum so morale should be high for the next few <acceptable consumption time here> right?

Cruising, eh? Sounds like fun! I only did that once as a passenger just over a month ago.

Yea, it was pretty weird. But at least I actually got to SEE something of the ports visited for a change. :wp

Indeed it was a ship I had never been on before. Same company though. I knew the captain from many years ago, but I don't think he knew me anymore.
The only other person on board whom I knew was one of the officers who was also on board as a passenger at the time.

Last edited:
Back