• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

lost in the sea of mods (what is the best game?)

robbertk

Landlubber
hello,
small introduction i'm Robbert, and played almost al potc/ sea dogs games vanilla and mods.

but now with the maelstrom engine im getting lost in what is the newest or best mod to play
currently playing beyond new horizons b15 on storm engine.
if i saw it correctly b14 is on the maelstrom engine

what i know as best playable games at the moment is
beyond new horizons b15 storm engine
gentleman of fortune era 2 on maelstrom and storm
new horizons b14 on maelstrom.

been searching the forum for answers but cant find any good answers. it looks like not alot of people use the maelstrom engine here.

so can anyone give me the pro's and con's to the games and engines?

Hi!
If you want to help development of the newest standalone (and free) entry, Beyond New Horizons, by reporting bugs that you encounter, I would suggest playing that.
If you want a basically bug free experience, I would suggest playing NH on Maelstrom
If you want historical accuracy without mystic elements, I would suggest playing ERAS 2 on Maelstrom

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask if you have other questions :)

Hi!
If you want to help development of the newest standalone (and free) entry, Beyond New Horizons, by reporting bugs that you encounter, I would suggest playing that.
If you want a basically bug free experience, I would suggest playing NH on Maelstrom
If you want historical accuracy without mystic elements, I would suggest playing ERAS 2 on Maelstrom

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask if you have other questions :)
al my bugs are always cdt so hard to keep track of them:wp

but this does help.
can you also maybe tell me the biggest changes between b14/b15?
i dont have the maelstrom engine yet. but from the pictures i see the graphic and combat changes are worth it. however if i understand it correct b15 also has a upgraded engine. so on that one i dont know if the difference is still that big.

Yes, the biggest difference between B14 and B15 is the upgraded engine, leading to much greater possiblities for future development and heavily increased stability already. The same was achieved with the Horizon engine. In New Horizon on Maelstrom, improvements have already been made, like you said, in regards to fighting, the sea and the graphics. These are not all implemented yet in Beyond New Horizons but will be coming in the future.

Last edited:
Back