• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Lots of bugs !!

Mucilon

Powder Monkey
Good Morning
Is there any update patch for the original game?

1:I took a mission to kill people and it disappeared from my diary.

2:saved a man's life in Pirate's Bay, and the search doesn't go on.
they were fighting, it's a quest where you get 50000

3:My reputation keeps falling without me doing anything. I've spent 80,000 in the church and the reputation always falls, to the horror of the seas

4:The game became extremely difficult after Heims' mission. All pirates are super skilled with swords, it is very difficult to capture ships.

Thanks for helping me, I would like to know how to create mods and fix this game

There is a huge mod right here:
Mod Release - Build 14 Beta [Last Update:2nd September 2019]

As for the problems, most of those aren't bugs.
1: You probably took too long to complete the mission. Starting from when Mateus Santos gives you the mission, you have 1 month to get to the target and kill him. He should have told you this.
2: Make sure Artois Voysey is one of your active officers, then go to Conceicao.
3: Not sure why this should be happening. If you took a loan from a loanshark and didn't pay it back then you'll have lost reputation, but I don't think it ought to keep happening.
4: Enemies do become tougher as you gain levels. If you have not been raising your Melee skill and taking the combat abilities then you'll be left behind.

There is a huge mod right here:
Mod Release - Build 14 Beta [Last Update:2nd September 2019]

As for the problems, most of those aren't bugs.
1: You probably took too long to complete the mission. Starting from when Mateus Santos gives you the mission, you have 1 month to get to the target and kill him. He should have told you this.
2: Make sure Artois Voysey is one of your active officers, then go to Conceicao.
3: Not sure why this should be happening. If you took a loan from a loanshark and didn't pay it back then you'll have lost reputation, but I don't think it ought to keep happening.
4: Enemies do become tougher as you gain levels. If you have not been raising your Melee skill and taking the combat abilities then you'll be left behind.

1: I did it on time, I had to kill one person and then earn 7000, when I arrived the mission ended and disappeared, and I didn't kill the guy.

Yes, the mod will need a new game. You'll find that a lot has changed!

1: The reward for 7000 is for killing Pepin Bertillon on Quebradas Costillas, I believe. Are you sure you got there within a month after Mateus Santos told you about him? Also, are you sure you killed the right man? Pepin Bertillon has some bodyguards.

The questbook entry should still be there, but if it has closed, it will be green and it will be at the bottom of the list. Scroll down to find it. There should be a final entry saying why the quest ended.

2: Did Artois Voysey join you after you saved him? If so, have you put him in command of a ship? Or has he been killed in a fight?

3: Another reason for reputation loss: doing the assassin quest costs you a lot of reputation. Each time you kill one of the targets, you lose 10 points. (You lose the reputation when you talk to them. Some targets can be killed without talking, e.g. you just walk up to Ambroz Bricenos and hit him, you don't talk, so you don't lose reputation.)

1:
I arrived on the island, and Nathaniel began a dialogue with himself, and the mission ended.
It hadn't been 7 days since I took the mission

Artois Voysey said he was following me, but he didn't.
every time I come back I start a dialogue. Just one answer. "understood"

Artois Voysey is walking around the city.

reputation was falling before the mission. took advantage of the low reputation and became a killer.

I'm afraid of installing the mod, it can break my Brazilian Portuguese translation.

1: Look for the questbook at the end of the list and see if it shows why the mission ended. Did you find Pepin Bertillon and his guards? They should be a short way along the path from the dock, not in the next place with the house and not in town.

2: What does Artois say when you have to reply "Understood"? When you rescued him, did you have other officers with you?

3: Does the basic game have crew salaries, and if so, have you been paying them?

Yes, the mod will certainly break the Portuguese translation. People are working on Spanish, Russian and Polish translations of the mod, but unfortunately not Portuguese.

I'm afraid of installing the mod, it can break my Brazilian Portuguese translation.
You could make a backup of your game folder before installing.
Then if you don't like it, you can easily roll back.

There are also older mod versions that are closer to the original game, but all switch the game to English.

1: I looked for the mission in the book, but it's gone, not even in the finalized

2:
I do not remember well. I will look for him today

3:
Yes, I leave in heroics always

1: That's very odd. It may be that closed quests don't always show up in the list right away. Try clicking on any open quest, close it, then scroll down. If I remember correctly, I had to do something like that to look at other closed quests - there are one or two quests from the main story which add a line and then close the questbook, and you need to find the closed questbook entry to find out what is happening in the story. But closed quests should still be there.

3: I don't know, then. Again, from memory (it's been many years since I played the unmodded game), I do seem to recall one unexplained drop in reputation during each game, but never more than one. After I'd recovered reputation by doing quests or donating money, it did not drop again unless I actively did something to drop it.

I know this was a year ago, but I have the same issue regarding the Artois quest.

I had 3 officers active by the time I went into the fort on Quebradas Costillas and saved Artois.

He is simply walking around in the fort and following me, and in the quest it says he has joined my crew, but he does not show up under passengers, so I can't make him active.

Did you guys ever get a solution for this? Is there a cheat to put him into the passenger list?

I've literally searched and searched but nothing seems to address this.

I know this was a year ago, but I have the same issue regarding the Artois quest.

I had 3 officers active by the time I went into the fort on Quebradas Costillas and saved Artois.

He is simply walking around in the fort and following me, and in the quest it says he has joined my crew, but he does not show up under passengers, so I can't make him active.

Did you guys ever get a solution for this? Is there a cheat to put him into the passenger list?

I've literally searched and searched but nothing seems to address this.

I was never able to solve the bug.

That does seem to be a bug in the stock version. Artois tries to join you in any free officer slot, which fails if there is no free slot. In the Build Mod he forces himself into slot 3, displacing any officer who may already be there, to prevent exactly this problem.

You will need to load a savegame from before you went to Quebradas Costillas and remove one of your officers before you enter the fort.

I don't know which file contains the sidequests in the stock game. If you can find it, look for case "Voysey_listed". Change this line:
Code:
SetOfficersIndex(PChar, -1, GetCharacterIndex("Artois Voysey"));
... to this:
Code:
SetOfficersIndex(Pchar, 3, GetCharacterIndex("Artois Voysey"));
Do the same to case "Voysey_listed_2", which is when he rejoins you after you rescue him on Conceicao. This won't fix the problem in your existing game but should prevent it from happening again in any future game.

Back