• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Making Crew of Traders 'normal'

As per @Jason's request, I made some changes to the model choice for ship captains at sea to .

Later time periods now use the actual navy uniforms if available, though the earlier time periods do not have them.
Also, the game code has no clue about ranks so it might be possible to get an admiral in command of a sloop for now.... :wp

I also noticed that a whole bunch of models were in use as general navy captain models that really were far too piratey.
So I reassigned a lot of models. This particular change takes effect on starting a new game only.
It may cause much less variety in navy ship captain models, but at least the models used will make more sense.

It is easy enough to reassign model types in initModels.c, so if anything seems wrong, either let us know here or look into reassigning some models yourself. :doff

Just did a successful fort assault on Cartagena and gave the town to the Dutch.

All soldiers looked like soldiers, so I think we're good here.

Feel free to test some more. More testing is always better!

If you are going to test, I'd prefer Santiago. Hard to beat fort indeed, but it can be done. (With cheatmode, at least)
Reason is that there is one location there I haven't yet confirmed to work properly. Should work, but you can never be too sure....

Back