• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

ManoWar help

Sev

Landlubber
Hi there, i just downloaded the latest build, i'd recently completed the main quest with the `un-modded` game. felt like something new and started playing the game with the build because i felt like playing the game in the cool looking red Man0War that you get from the fight with the govorner, however wherever i go i cant seem to buy one of the cool looking red MOw's does anyone know where i could possibly get the red one? i cant really be bothered to `re-do` the entire main quest again because its too time consuming, so any information would be usefull - if it cant be baught, if anyone could point me in the direction of a savegame at the alcove with the Red MOW that works with build 10 would be much appreciated!!

- thanks alot

Sev

Ahoy, Sev, and welcome aboard! Pull up a keg and have a seat, have a couple on us! xD:

Are you referring to the MOW that has red/orange trim and a light tan body, or the black one with the red and blue trim?

The latter is the governor's MOW and I'm not sure you can actually buy one - when you buy a ship it's random which skin you will end up with, anyhow. You might try buying at either the Redmond or Oxbay shipyards, but I don't know... I DO know that I am sailing the governor's MOW because I TOOK HER at the end of the main quest (which I did over again after installing the build). She's a real beauty of a ship!

I think being able to BUY a MOW is dependent upon your sailing skill, and early in the game you are just not built up enough to do it - but you can still "take" one as a prize if you and your crew are good enough...

There's a way to up the encounters of a MOW, just go into the POTC program file and open Programs/Encounter/Encounters.c file - open it with a text editor such as NOTEPAD (not WordPad or Word). Find these lines at the bottom and follow the instructions in green.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#include "encountersencounters.h"
#include "encountersencounters_map.c"
#include "encountersencounters_quest.c"

#define MAX_MAP_ENCOUNTERS 16
object MapEncounters[MAX_MAP_ENCOUNTERS];

extern void InitEncounters();

void EncountersInit()
{
if(LoadSegment("EncountersEncounters_init.c"))
{
InitEncounters();
UnloadSegment("EncountersEncounters_init.c");
}

ReleaseMapEncounters();
}

int FindWarEncounter()
{
int iTypes[100]; //Change [100] to [25]
int iNumTypes = 0;

ref rCharacter = GetMainCharacter();
int iCharacterRank = sti(rCharacter.rank);
if(GetShipCap()) { if((`8-GetCharacterShipClass`(rCharacter)) * 2 < iCharacterRank) { iCharacterRank = (`8-GetCharacterShipClass`(rCharacter)) * 2; } } // NK

int iChance = rand(100); //Change (100) to (25)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That should help your encounter rate.

I think we here at PA! have been trying to collect up some savegames, but I don't think we have any up yet - hopefully someone here can help you (I can't, most of my savegames are from a far distant point from the alcove section of the main quest) with that if this is not working right for you.

Cat, you are mistaken. Well only some....I have once bought the Governor Silhards `Man-O`-War. xD:

<!--`QuoteBegin-KevO44`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KevO44)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Cat, you are mistaken. Well only some....I have once bought the Governor Silhards `Man-O`-War. :yes[/quote]

Heh, cool! I have it, so I never tried to buy another one. xD:

<!--`QuoteBegin-CatalinaThePirate`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CatalinaThePirate)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Are you referring to the MOW that has red/orange trim and a light tan body, or the black one with the red and blue trim?[/quote]
Hi Catalina
I must be missing something.....I have tried and tried to encounter the above MOW (red & blue) but all I ever capture is the ******* tan beast :p: .....please point me in the right direction!!!

Which MOW you encounter is entirely random. The only other way to do it is to edit code to force you to have one.

Do you have a MOW right now?

Yes I have Governor Silhards `Man-O`-War at present......in fact I have captured it on three different occasions but never managed to encounter the red/blue only the tan :p:

Is this the one you want, or the one you have?

tigress2.jpg

Sorry the pic is a little dark... THIS is the "gub" MOW - What I have always assumed was Governor Silehard's ship. It is the only one of the MOW's that has a figurehead of an angel.

<!--`QuoteBegin-CatalinaThePirate`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CatalinaThePirate)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Is this the one you want, or the one you have?[/quote]
Thats the one I've been searching for and found it last night in QC shipyard :?

Thank you Catalina for your concern in my quest xD::

The Governor's MOW must be totally random too

Hmmm, that's odd. Well that one pictured above is a real beauty. Glad you found it manXman! With this new game I started, I am currently sailing around in a tan and blue one, ack, but hey... I took out the Greenford Fort with it! LOL! xD:

I find the french to be the greatest source of red mow. i have so far caputred about 5 from them they tend o have 6k cargo space 1 i captured from them was not. all of the large pirates have green 5.4k mow. havent changed anything in the rate config that i remember

i now have 2 6k mow and my main mow now consistantly has no front mast 8): now i can see where im shooting :blah: it is consistant red 6k cargo mow green and tan for the other 2 types never saw a tan/blue one though

Back