• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Marie Celeste

The log files should be at the top level of the game installation, in the same folder as "ENGINE.exe".

If you're running Windows 10, and especially if you put the game into "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)", have a look at this:
New Horizons FAQ | PiratesAhoy!
The log files won't be in the "SAVE" folder, but Windows 10 might have redirected them to the virtual store in a similar way.

Simply put I board a ship and land on the ship's deck, but the captain is no where to be found. I know @Grey Roger has already fixed this bug but I can't seem to locate the thread, could someone please provide me the fix for this bug? (Game version is Build 14 19 March 2021 if it helps)

@Foop my Car: I moved your post to this thread. The fix is earlier in this thread and should already be in any version of the game from 2021, as the fix was made in 2019.

Which version are you playing, Maelstrom or PoTC?

Odd. Though your savegame is from a relatively recent version of the game, the problem is still the same as when you reported it in February 2021. Prisoners are not being properly cleared, so the game runs out of space to create new captains. The fix is also the same. Download "console.c" from post #23. Load your savegame, press F12, and you should see a list of ex-prisoners being cleared. You should then be able to board the ship and meet the captain.

Also download "cabincaptain_fix.zip" from the same post. That should prevent the problem from reoccurring.

Back