• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Master Gunfighter Ability - on Abilities Screen

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
Is this ability working generally in the game or is it still specific to Woodes Rogers Story ( for the special pistols ).

If it is specific to Woodes Rogers - perhaps a note saying that is required. In the ability's text. :checklist

:cheers

Good question. If I understand correctly, it is need for guns with SIX shots. There is only one:
Code:
n = InitQuestGun(n, "pistol20",         "pistol201",          "JRH", 16,    "", "",     "",  6, 60,      1, "",            "",             "pb", 2);     //Blackbeard's Belt with 6 guns
So that'd be the Woodes Rogers storyline only. We could disable this ability outside that storyline altogether, I think.

maybe you could make a "pirate" abillity out of it? In the description of the abillity it says that you are a famous pirate now and so on.. would be cool if this abillity would change the gameplay forever (in this savegame). E.g. if you take this abillity you get +20% on ship speed and fencing skill but e.g. -20% on trade and ship defense.. I like the idea of more RPG-like abillities which give you some pros and cons.. so you can make your character just how you want it

AGH! I can't seem to make this ability disappear properly. Either I crash the game, mess up the order of the perks or it just doesn't do what I ask. :modding

Edit: Never mind. Got it this time. :facepalm

Hmm... The order gets messed up a bit if you Start New Game on Woodes Rogers after having already started another storyline without closing the game,
this perk ends up initialized at the bottom instead of where it belongs. Apparently it is not possible to UNLOAD previously initialized perks.

Same when switching from Iron Man Mode to one of the other modes, then starting a New Game. Oh well; harmless weird effect, I suppose. :shrug

Is this ability working generally in the game or is it still specific to Woodes Rogers Story
Generally, but it's only one 6-shot gun (yet) in the game but more to come.

Attachments

• revolver.jpg
    revolver.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 108
Back