• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Merchants don't deal with wary neutral characters

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
On Bonaire,

Reputation Bloke, Relations wary neither the merchant or the shipyard will deal with me. "A person of your reputation and relations"

On Bonaire,

Reputation Bloke, Relations wary neither the merchant or the shipyard will deal with me. "A person of your reputation and relations"
I have also the same thing to me, Jason. I think that if you are wary to a nation, no matter how good is your reputation, that doesn't help to you.
With that nation being wary to you, you can't trade or repair your ships with them at all, except talking to the tavern-keeper. Of course, warships of that nation still don't chase you. This was a new thing added to the relations system, if I am not mistaken.

Please provide a save in front of a character who refuses to deal with you; I'll check it.
You are supposed to be able to trade "If their nation is better than Wary and you are Neutral or better".

Pieter when I went back and tried to replicate that problem it worked just fine.

Last edited:
Same as before this time in Sao Jorge.
When I try to upload the save file I get a file does not have and allowed extension.

Try putting the save file in a Zip archive and upload that instead.

You should be able to trade:
- If you are Hostile with their nation, but you are a Hero
- If their nation is less than Hostile to you and you are Matey or better
- If their nation is better than Wary and you are Neutral or better
- If their nation is better than Neutral, you are Swindler or better and can intimidate them
- You have a Letter of Marque with the nation and have been promoted at least once
- You are friendly to the pirates, flying a pirate flag and the town is tolerant of pirates

Your relation to Portugal is Wary, therefore the point marked in RED above doesn't apply to you.
However, you ARE less than Hostile, so once you reputation reaches Matey (one more rank), you will be able to trade normally.
This is marked with the ORANGE case above.

If Portugal would have been Neutral to you, then it would have worked at Bloke reputation too.
But that is not the case here.

So as far as I can tell, this is "Not a Bug" and is behaving exactly how it is intended to.
I hope this makes sense to you. :doff

Back