• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Ideas

I`ve read from a PotC-mod for different flags per ship, could we convert this for COAS?
For AoP, it was possible to get the smuggler Flag per cheat (to write such a code), so that I could peplace it with my own Flag, but cheatcodes seem to work different in COAS and don`t know how I could establish such a feature. I would also be glad, if there is an other way to carry my own Flag in the game.
The different flag mod was alot of work to get it to work for the Build Mod. The easiest way for you to get a flag that is your personal one would be to retexture another flag (of course all ships of that nation would then have your flag as well) :(

Thats what has to be avoided! But it possible in AoP to get the smugglers-flag (would be ok to replace) as a cheat, but in CoaS Smugglers don't seem to appear as a fraction with own flag. Thats a problem...

I think it would be great to add features for modding like this:

- you can buy/get a house in every town(you can store personal things in this house...like in cabin on ship)

- you can cultivate something outside... / plantation... (you receive ressources which you can sell/trade whith) - or maybe you can cut wood outside - or work in a mine ...(something like this)

:cheers

i still would like a mod that changes how wind affects the sails in this game. as it is, when you are "running" that is, full wind directly astern, your sails are actually "Close Hauled" which is actually where they would be when running almost directly into the wind.

pitcure

Not really as practical as it is just "lol?"
Make a modern style battleship. That has a really high speed and extremely high hull.
I wouldnt request that though, being that it would be most likely impossible

I was wondering if there was a mod out or in development for the very minor tweak of adding hats to some of the characters, what good is a pirate/corsair/buccaneer without his hat!? lol :shrug not a major problem but it would add a little character to some of the characters.

I think it would be neat if the town(s) you captured and held onto had an interface in town to improve production in the town for so much materials and piasters. Build farms in a town where there was few etc. Illegal goods wouldn't be available for upgrade of course.

I've noticed officers that hate you tend to "accidentally" shoot me in combat. I don't know if there's an actual mechanism behind that or if it's just their piss poor shooting. I've had some of my loyal officers fighting along side me, whip out their gun and blast the enemy usually without fail, while the officer who's unloyal seems to shoot me even if my character isn't even in their current line of sight.

Awesome idea with the towns and production :onya

The mod with the fantom-file does not work :modding the the game take every ship for AI, that it wants!

Another Idea is linked to the ship-abilities. Deos anyone know which file defines the setting flag function??? It may be possible to exchange the demand for a certain flag-texture to a costum one!!

Back