• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Modding overall speed?

Shalafi

Landlubber
I have searched for 2 hours now, and done some testing myself, but i can't find where to mod the speed in battle.

The speed at "fast ship movement" (arcade) is way too fast, and the realistic settings is a bit too slow. Isn't there a way too edit the overall speed so that i get something in between those 2 options?

I know I can edit each and every ship, but there must be a simplier solution. And im guessing I have to edit the turn rates and god know what so not to mess up the balance. And then there's the cannons.

And what does the "globals.c" file do? I tried to edit it, but i couldn't find any changes afterwards.

Im not sayin i KNOW what i'm doing.. But if i wanted to do such a thing WITHOUT disturbing the balance i would change all ships:

refShip.SpeedRate
refShip.TurnRate
refShip.fWindAgainstSpeed

by a % but yeah might be a little time consuming.. well FEEL long, in reality you could have it done in about a half hour.

I'de change one ship till it feels right, and modify the rest by the same %

Back