• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

moon wierdness

morgan terror

Magnificent bastard
Storm Modder
Public Relations
i've noticed something odd. the moon's cycle seems to be reversed or somesuch. it starts high in the sky, and then dissapears beneath the horizon from 2:00 and onward. is this a mistake or a geographical phenomenon i'm unfamiliar with?

Is the sun's path correct now? It used to be reversed.
Quite possibly the moon issue is related to this one as well?

No idea how the sun was fixed.
I wonder if the same could be done for the moon?

I dont think it is much to worry about. It can happen that the moon only begins to 'shine' half way up in the sky because that is where it is in its rotation around the earth. I have noticed this more often than not actually. I find it is quite rare to watch the moon rise and set just as the sun does, especially since light levels vary during different parts of the year. I do consider myself a bit of an authority on this matter as my job requires me to watch the sky all hours of the day and night. I am a certified weather observer at an airport.

I'm not kidding...its a real job xD:

Maybe adding in a
Code:
if (time < 1 || time > 20)
line in and reversing it so that the sun is right and the moon should also be right then (hopefully)

I'm not kidding...its a real job xD:

Geeze, now that is what I call a job ...getting paid just to look up! Where do I sign up!! :woot

I knew that happened occasionally FireBat, I wasn't aware it was a frequent occurrence though. Back when I was dabbling a bit in amateur astronomy, I mostly took my telescope out on nights when there was no moon at all, so I guess I really wouldn't have noticed that. :shrug

i suppose this is a case of 'reality is unrealistic'. it might be possible for the moon to do what it does now, but it just doesn't look right. let's see if that fix works.

Back