• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Tutorial More realistic cannon smoke effects for AoP2: COAS

Hi everyone,

It has been a while since I haven't been in these forums but I've started playing this amazing game again with GoF 2 installed and I am enjoying the game again after making some changes, one of these changes are the cannon smoke effects.

I've been looking for a cannon smoke mod that could change the effect but I did not find any mod about it. What this modification does is that it exchanges the cannon fire/smoke effect for the bombard effect that is already in the game itself, so it makes much more enjoyable and beleavable the smoke effect of cannons imo. I enjoy much more now when my ship fires at will.

Check the images so you can check by yourself the effect:

Better Cannon Smoke 1.png

Better Cannon Smoke 2.png

Better Cannon Smoke 3.png

Better Cannon Smoke 4.png

Better Cannon Smoke 5.png

Better Cannon Smoke 6.png

Better Cannon Smoke 7.png

Better Cannon Smoke 8.png

Better Cannon Smoke 9.png

Installation instructions:

1) Download the attached BETTER CANNON SMOKE zip file that includes (cancloud_fire_big.xps, cancloud_fire.xps and Bombard.xps)
2) MAKE A BACKUP OF THE ORIGINAL FILES!!!
3) Copy the 3 files and paste them in your Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\Particles and REPLACE after you made the backup of the original files.

Enjoy the new smoke effects for your cannons :cheers

Disclaimer: If there is any error or something didn't go well, I really don't know what could be, I'm an amateur in these edditing things so I don't take any responsibility of what could have gone wrong in your game.

Attachments

• BETTER CANNON SMOKE.7z
    2.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Back